You Come Out as Bisexual to Harry

This story contains: crying, comfort from Harry, Acceptance

{ boyfriend!harry- Dunkirk Harry Era }

word count: 1024

You get the courage to finally tell your boyfriend Harry that you're bisexual and it ends in both of you shedding tears.

I've been dating Harry for about a year. One of our mutual friends set us up on a blind date and we have been inseparable ever since. He's my best friend as well as my boyfriend. Harry is the kindest and most loving person I've ever met. Though he's a very busy man with a million responsibilities, Harry always makes sure to put time in his schedule to spend time with me so I never feel unattended or lonely.

We've learned a lot about each other in the year of us being together. What the others favorite foods are. The hobbies each other enjoy. But there is one thing I've kept a secret from Harry. It's a secret that I kept from most people in my life up until I was a hundred percent confident in my feelings. That is that I'm bisexual.

Its not that I think Harry wouldn't support me, but its more of being vulnerable and so open with the one I love most. Coming out to anyone is scary, with many uncertainties and unknowns. But having to tell Harry that I'm bisexual, that is terrifying to me for no reason at all really. I know he'll love me just the same. I just let my anxiety control my life too much and that creates intrusive thoughts of the 'what ifs'.

Like what if Harry wants to break up after I come out to him. What if he assumes I'll leave him for a women. What if Harry looks at me differently. I just have to set aside my worries and fears and tell him soon because its eating me up inside.

------------------------------

Its Friday night and Harry asked me to say over at his house. He cooked us a lovely dinner and we watched a romantic comedy, cuddled under a cozy blanket on his couch. Then when Harry noticed my eyes drooping towards the end of the film, he declared we should head to bed.

We walk up his spiral staircase and I go to crawl under his warm covers and Harry goes to use the toilet and brush his teeth before he joins me.

As I'm waiting for Harry to come to bed with me, I make the spontaneous decision that I'm going to tell Harry I'm bisexual. I've waited long enough and now I'm more scared that he'll get mad at me for waiting so long to have told him.

Harry comes walking out his master bathroom in nothing but his tight boxers and he can instantly see a shift in my mood and mannerisms. I look nervous and on edge and definitely feel that way too. As Harry flips the covers back to slide in bed with me he questions, "You alright?"

"Um..." I stutter, already feeling my emotions getting the best of me. I swallow hard and spit out, "I need to tell you something."

Harry begins to look nervous himself. He doesn't know what I'm about to say. What if I tell him I want to break up he thinks. What if I tell him I'm sick with a terminally ill disease. He softly smiles to lighten the mood and says, "Alright. You know you can always tell me anything. I won't be upset or mad. So what is it love?" When he finishes speaking, Harry slides over towards me and pulls me to his body, holding me to his chest.

I close my eyes, feeling Harry's warm hold on me and quietly mutter, "I'm bisexual." As soon as the two words leave my mouth, I break down sobbing. Just saying it out loud has lifted a weight off my shoulders and I'm so relieved to have told him.

Harry holds me twice as hard and whispers, "Baby, why are you crying? I'm so happy you've told me. Hope you didn't think I'd be upset or mad because I'd never be anything other than 100% supportive. You know I'd still love you just as much. I may love you even more honestly, if that's possible."

I try and inhale a deep breath through my sobs as Harry rubs over my back soothingly. He knows how hard that must have been to come out to him, so Harry just allows me to let out my emotions and encases his arms around my frail body. I lay there in his hold for what could have been five minutes or thirty minutes, who knows.

My tears slowly dissipate and all that's left is a tear stained face and a stuffy nose. I lift my head from Harry's chest and look up at his worried but also caring and sympathetic face. I can also see his green eyes glossed over like he's holding back his own tears. "Harry, why do you look as though you're gonna cry?" I ask in a low raspy voice from crying so hard minutes ago.

Harry looks down with a soft smile and a quivering lip, still holding me tightly. He rasps out, "I'm just so fucking proud of you." Though my face is damp and the top of my lip is salty from my tears, I reach up an inch or two and connecting our lips together.

Harry instantly reciprocates the kiss and starts molding his mouth with mine. The kiss is gentle but also passionate. One that makes my head spin. We can taste the others tears but neither of us could care.

Harry is the first to pull our lips apart, slightly out of breath, and whispers in front of my face, "I love you so much."

I give a small smile and reply, "And I love you too. You're the best boyfriend I could have ever asked for. You are so caring and loving to any and everybody. How did I get so lucky?!" Once spoke, I allow my face to burry in his tattooed chest again and Harry is quick to pull away which makes me grunt in disagreement, but realize he's just turning the lamp off. Then Harry scoots our bodies down further under the covers and I soon fall asleep in the comfort of his warm body.