Chapter 19

"Hey...! Don't be too close...!"

"Eh? But it'll be better if it's closer though..."

.

.

.

.

.

"Ah, they moved...!"

"Just a little more won't hurt-"

"Eh?! That's enough-!"

.

.

.

.

.

Mitsuba's eyes fluttered open and as he did, he saw two blurry figures talking to each other. And just by hearing their hushed voices, it seemed that they were arguing to themselves, "Quick! Hide it!"

"Just a few more...!"

A bright light appeared and it momentarily blinded Mitsuba's eyes for a second. The light was sudden so it caused him a slight headache, making him groan in pain and annoyance, "What the hell...?"

"You forgot to turn off the flash again, Satou!"

"Oops, my bad."

The pink-haired boy carefully rubbed his tired eyes then squinted to take a better look at his surroundings. Chairs... desks... a chalkboard and... Satou and Yokoo?

"Oi, what's going on?" Someone yawned beside him, "Are you guys seriously taking pictures of us while we were resting? That's creepy."

Mitsuba glanced at his side and saw Kou yawning again while stretching his arms up. He blankly stared at him for a moment. He felt... confused and... out of place. But why? What happened?

Wait... what happened yesterday? I don't... I don't remember...

"It was Yokoo's idea." Satou quickly said while pointing a finger at his friend. Yokoo was about to retort but Satou spoke up before he got the chance, "Plus, we did your class chores while the two of you were lazing around. These pictures are just payment for your debt to us."

"Yeah, that's right!" Yokoo agreed, secretly taking his phone back from Satou's hand then shoving it back in his bag, "Anyway, Satou and I are gonna leave now for a club meeting. See you tomorrow, Kou!"

They bid their farewell but Mitsuba raised an eyebrow at them, "Hey! Where's my goodbye?" He asked with a small pout, but he received no response as his friends continued to leave the classroom, "Psh, rude much? Am I right, egghead?"

He smirked then turned his head expecting to see his sleepy boyfriend. But to his surprise, Kou wasn't sitting beside him anymore. Mitsuba stood up with a shocked and worried expression, "What the fu-?"

"I'm over here you feminine stick." Mitsuba jolted and looked at the opposite side of the room. It was Kou holding his school bag on his left while his right hand held a spiritual staff, "Let's go now. We don't want to keep your mom waiting."

Mitsuba relaxed but he was still a bit tense, "R-Right! Let me just- huh?"

That was weird. Mitsuba swore his school supplies were scattered all over his desk, not neatly placed back inside his bag.

First, Satou and Yokoo ignored me. Kou disappeared then reappeared. And now my stuff is just mysteriously... what? Something really feels off but I don't know what it is.