Chapter 6

_ _ _

Oh no

_ _ _

No, no, no, no! Are they really a thing?! Kou freaks out.

He doesn't really know why he's against the idea. It won't ruin the plan if those two really are together, but a huge part of him just can't accept the fact that his friends are dating each other!

Kou looks at his senpai, hoping that she would tell him that this is just a silly illusion. But she's just standing there like a statue, a freaked-out daikon statue.

"Don't hug me too much, perv!", Mitsuba whispers.

"Well we want to make it convincing as much as possible for the plan to work", Hanako whispers back.

The other boy pushes him away slightly, "Is it even working?", He asked.

The two boys take a peek to see their friends' reactions; they looked like they just witnessed something very illegal, which it is.

"See? It's working!", The apparition sneakily gives him a thumbs up. "Now we just have to continue acting like this until the kid gets jealous enough to reclaim you!", He adds.

Mitsuba shivers at the plan, "You're idea is smart yet disgusting at the same time"

Being lovey-dovey with a perverted toilet ghost makes him wanna jump off a building. But like Hanako said; if Kou does feel the same way, he would take him back. Though he doesn't think the blonde would be the jealous type so there's a possibility that it won't work. Still, it won't hurt to try, right?

Out of all ideas in the world, this is the one we chose. Great. He sarcastically thought.

"Ha... Hanako?", The two boys stop 'cuddling' each other and face Nene.

Nene gulps before speaking, "Are you two... Dating?", She asked.

"Eh? What do you mean, my dear assistant?", The apparition floats away from Mistuba and clings himself to Nene, "Mitsuba and I are only the bestest of friends!", He claims.

Mitsuba swears he heard Kou scoffs when Hanako said that, but he decides to ignore it.

"But he and I did grow closer lately. After all, it was just the two of us for the past two weeks, all alone"

Woah, he sure knows what he's doing. Mitsuba mentally compliments him.

On the other hand, Kou looks down at the floor with a sad expression. Not jealous, just sad.

I thought Mitsuba and I were the bestest of friends

"We just bonded a lot, that's all!", Hanako un-clings himself from Nene and hovers close to the pink boy.

"Yup!", Mitsuba agrees, "We even gave each other nicknames"

"Like 'boo' and 'strawberry'?", Kou mumbles, still not looking up.

The two boys confirm Kou's statement. But when they did, the blonde starts to tremble a bit and looks away to avoid eye contact.

Hanako sneakily smirks at the blonde's expression.

C'mon kid, take the bait

"I... I...!", Mitsuba and Hanako eagerly wait for Kou's comment.