Chapter 5

"Huh? What's this?" Mitsuba asks the Mokkes. The bunny-like apparitions handed him a peculiar book as they kept telling him to read it.

Mitsuba takes the book and reads the cover.

How to make friends 101

"Ha?! Are you mocking me or something? I have friends y'know!" He scoffed at the Mokkes. "Well... a few. But at least I have friends!", He added.

The cute little Mokkes jumps in excitement and said, "More friends! More friends!"

Actually, the little Mokkes weren't mocking the pink boy for having a minor amount of friends. They were helping him to make more. Hence, they give him a friendship guidebook. Plus, he often gives them sweets and candies so they just wanted to return the favour.

"My friends right now is already enough", he explained.

The Mokkes' ears droop in sadness. They really wanted to do something for Mitsuba's generosity. As they slowly waddle away, he felt a little guilty so he stops them.

"But it won't hurt to try, right?", Their cute little ears perk up as their little beany eyes shine.

"Friends! More friends! Friends!", The Mokkes kept chanting and bouncing in delight which makes the pink boy giggle a bit.

"Alright, now let's see..." He opens the book to read it. The pink bunnies gathered around him; Some on the floor, some on the staircase, a few on his shoulders, and one chilling on his head. He just hopes that the Mokke on his head doesn't ruin his silky groomed hair.

Rule no. 1: Making an impactful first impression is key. Says the book.

"Hmmm...", Mitsuba and the Mokkes ponders for a few moments. Once both of them decided what the introduction should be, the boy closes the book, clears his throat and went to uwu mode.

Mitsuba uses his hands to mimic a pair of bunny ears and talks in one of his cutest voice, "I'm Mitsuba Sousuke, pyon! Please take care of me!". The Mokkes follow his actions as they squeal in joy while others jump up high.

But all of them immediately stops when they felt a presence near them.

...

"What the hell are you doing?", Kou, who was passing by, asks.

"Uwaaaaa!", The pink boy scream. Kou's sudden presence and the girly scream scared the poor little Mokkes which made them scattered away.

"Danger! Danger! Run away!", They screamed.

The boys look at the running Mokkes, then each other with an awkward silence.

...

"You saw nothing.", Mitsuba said, getting a little bit hostile.

"I saw nothing," Kou repeated, he can't afford a bunch of Mitsuba's insults right now.

The pink boy leaves the book beside the staircase, hoping that the Mokkes will somehow take it back. Of course they will, they literally can steal anything without getting caught.

"What are you waiting for, idiot?", He said as he ascends to the stairs, "We don't want to keep Crazy Knife waiting.", He added.

As Kou starts to head upstairs, realization struck him, "Ah! You see... the thing is..."

"Let me guess, you and Radish senpai can't come. Again", He knowingly said, not even turning his back to look at Kou.

The blonde nervously chuckles, "Yeah. I-I know we said that we'll hang out with you guys today, but I promise that we will tomorrow"