Chapter 21

"Big brother..." Her brother, Kou Minamoto, was sitting near the lockers for a few hours now.

Tiara frowned. Kou would always smile so brightly, however, that smile hasn't been the same and it's slowly starting to fade as well as his upbeat attitude. This started a month ago and Tiara doesn't know what caused it. She was confused.

Today she visited Kou's school, with Teru's permission, because she assumed that someone was bullying her brother. If that was the case, then she would gladly beat those bullies up. However, she only saw Kou sitting on the floor near the lockers.

It seemed that he was waiting for someone, but that someone never came and he was persistent in waiting longer.

"Mitsuba... where are you?" Tiara heard him mutter under his breath.

Tiara tilted her head as she walked away to think and to give her brother some alone time. She noticed that his brother looked lonely. Perhaps he was missing someone, like a friend.

"That's it! Big brother and his friend were playing hide-n-seek and he probably couldn't find them. That's why he was lonely!" Tiara giggled to herself, proud that she was able to 'understand' the cause of her brother's gloomy aura, "Alright, I'll just have to find my brother's friend then he'll be happy again!"

She fist-bumped the air then marched off to Kou's friend, "Hmmm... what's the friend's name again?" She wondered, "Ah! It's Mitsuba!"

Her arms swayed as her short legs guided her through a garden. "Mitsuba... big brother talks a lot about him at home. They must be best-best friends!" She exclaimed with such energy.

Tiara stopped and carefully stood on top of a large rock. Raising her arms to her front, she made circles on her hands and used them as pretend binoculars. With her wide blue eyes, she scanned the perimeter for a certain...

"How did my brother describe him again?" She pondered, placing a finger under her chin, "Oh! A cotton candy-haired god!"

"Achoo-!"

She heard a somewhat adorable sneeze but as much as she wants to follow it, she has an important mission to complete. She called it: 'Take Back The Cotton Candy Haired God And Make Big Brother Happy Again So We Can All Play Games!' mission.

Tiara hopped off the rock and rocked the landing... get it? Anyway, she was about to continue her search when she heard sniffles coming from the sneeze's direction. Hmm, what a coincidence.

"Oh no," Tiara frowned, "Is there another sad person?"

Her mission was important, still, Kou was already sad so she just can't let another person feel sad with her around. So, she made her final decision; finish the mission after helping the sad stranger. Turning around with a determined face, she followed the cries that needed to be cheered up.

The cries sounded like they came from an abandoned building. How nice, Tiara explored a lot of abandoned places so this one doesn't scare her one bit. She walked inside with her ears peeled open for more sounds.

Another whimper was heard and this time it came from an empty classroom at the end of the hallway. "Don't worry, sad person! I'll save you with hugs!"

Tiara ran as fast as her tiny legs could. And when she reached the classroom, she busted the door open and exclaimed, "I am here!"

.

.