three

It's rude to stare. Felix knows that. But he can't help it.

"What?" He manages to get out, swallowing hard. The girl blinks nervously, looking down at the drink then back up at him.

"Do you want to try it? The drink?" Felix doesn't say a word, genuinely stunned into silence. She's offering her drink? To him? To drink? 

There's no way.

Felix swallows again, his throat drying up every time he tries to talk. Settling on nodding, he reaches over and grabs the cup. He nervously takes a small sip, immediately lighting up as the chocolate coats his tongue.

"It's good!" He says, forgetting how to be awkward and shooting her a happy smile. Her eyes widen and she immediately glances down, getting flustered. Felix pinches his lips together, taking another sip of the hot chocolate before moving it back to her.

Clearing his throat, Felix scans the table for a source of inspiration. What can he talk about? His eyes settle on the cup before him. Oh, that paper cup won't know what hit it.

"Do you recycle?" He asks, almost immediately regretting it. Do you recycle, he mimicks in his head. You're an idiot. 

The girl looks up at him, a smile growing on her face reluctantly. 

"Do I recycle?" She hums, the tiredness slowly leaving her eyes. "Not really. I've never really thought about it before. Should I?"

Felix thanks whatever god is listening. She doesn't think I'm as stupid as I am.

"Well, you don't have to if you don't want to. It's like this cup, right? It's made of paper and it's recyclable, but no one ever recycles it. Which is horribly wasteful. The baristas specifically buys recyclable cups, but it loses its purpose if no one recycles them. Ugh, it is just-" Felix trails off as he sees the girl laugh to herself.

"Ah, sorry," he says quietly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Too much?" 

She shakes her head, smiling at him.

"Just right."