Getting Along?

Ever since Zim first messaged him, Dib somehow found himself a bit more cheerful. He got to wake up to funny texts he was sent in the middle of the night, and the two tended to have their fair share of silly conversations and arguments about god-knows-what.

Surprisingly, after a while, the two didn't fight as often as usual. They started to get along a bit better, and Dib often reminded the irken that if he ever needed someone to talk to that he was there, even if they still weren't on the best of terms.

One morning, while walking to school, Dib noticed him fumbling with his phone. They looked rather confused, and the human snuck up behind him to see what he was struggling with.

Dib stifled a laugh; Zim was trying to work the camera, and was ultimately failing.

"¡Oh, eres tan lindo cuando intentas entender cosas que no tienen sentido para ti!" He giggled.

Zim jumped and glared at the teen behind him. "¡Cállate lombriz de tierra!"

Dib gasped. "You know Spanish?!"

Their face softened, and there was a slight smirk on his face. "Yes, actually! There's a translator built into my pak."

"That's so cool!!" He smiled, then cleared his throat. "Anyway, what are you trying to take a picture of?"

"Zim has heard of this 'selfie' thingy. I am working on finding the filters, but they're not anywhere."

Dib laughed once more. "Zim, you can't use filters in the camera app, you can only do that with SnapBook."

"'Snip book???' What is the 'snip book' thing you speak of?"

"It's like a social media with different pictures and stuff I guess. I don't really use it, so I'm not completely sure what else you can do. If you really want to know, ask my sister." He said. "Also, it's snap."

"And how do I get this 'social media'?"

"Just search for the App Store app on your phone, I'm pretty sure that it's free." They raised an eyebrow. "...I'll show you after school."

Zim nodded, and the two continued to walk to their skool in silence.

Not much later, Dib spoke. "Hey, Zim?" He asked.

"Yes?"

He stifled a laugh. "¿Puedo tener un beso?" The irken punched him in the arm, and Dib let out a cackle. "Hey, I'm kidding, I'm kidding!...Unless?"

"Bitch, I will strangle you sideways!!!"

"I- How would-?"

"DO NOT QUESTION THE WAYS OF MY PEOPLE, DIB!!!!!!"

***

"¡Ay, que lindo!" Dib exclaimed, as Zim grumbled and sat at his lunch table. "The little space boy wants some company!"

"Oh shut it, Dib-worm, I just wanted front row seats to the show." He said.

"Show? ....Oh, you mean the food throwing."

Zim nodded. "It's the funniest thing I've seen in my life, besides your hideous, gigantic, head."

"Well fuck you too, then, I guess."

Gaz, who was unwillingly sitting next to Dib, growled and got up from the table. "For the love of god, I am not dealing with two idiots today. You guys are on your own. Later, losers."

"...Well I guess she's out," Dib said. "But no matter, I'm sure she'd be better off without things splattering near her."

"Has anything actually hit her though?"  Zim asked.

"No, not on purpose at least. People are too scared of her ripping their heads off, especially after someone accidently did hit her. She damn near murdered them."

They shivered at the thought. "I don't blame them for their fearfulness, she is terrifying."

Dib laughed darkly. "Yeah, imagine being her family member and having to deal with her beating you up everyday!"

"....I am so sorry for you."

"You should be." He smirked.

The two then ate in silence, with the occasional food splatter somewhere near them on the table. The irken would laugh every time Dib was hit, at least until he was hit himself and he returned the favor.

"You sound like a honking goose!" Zim spat as he continued to cackle.

"Well at least I don't sound like a wannabe villain!"

They gasped, heavily offended by Dib's counter. "How DARE you speak to Zim in such a manner! I am the best villain in ALL THE GALAXY!!!!!"

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." He snickered. Zim growled under his breath.

***

Zim shut his own locker, walking through the hallway. He caught a glimpse of two in another hall, and one of them seemed familiar. That's when they realized what was happening, and who it was.

Their eyes widened. An unexpected rage burned inside him, much to their surprise. He ran at one of the kids, tackling them and punching them in the jaw.

"ZIM, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!" Dib yelled.

"Protecting you, dumbass!"

"Well you don't have to beat the shit out of him!!!"

Zim got off the kid, who ran for the exit. "Yes, I did. If someone hurts you, I hurt them back. You're my enemy, not theirs."

Dib smirked. "Awww, does wittle Zimmy care about me?"

He blushed a deep red. "I- N-NO!!!"

"Aw, you do!!"

"ZIM CARES FOR NO ONE!!!"

"Hehe, aww it's okay, you're secret's safe with me~"

"FUCK YOU!!!!!"

A/N
Hey y'all, sorry for the short part and that it doesn't make much sense yet, I'll get on to the actual plot very soon I promise! Lmfao

On another note I hope y'all have a great day. See ya next part <3