Too Early

Dib groaned, his alarm going off. Another school day.

Maybe I should skip... He thought to himself. ...Nahh, maybe not...

The teen took out his phone and sighed.

"Morning Dibby," Zim had texted around two hours earlier. "Ready to plan today?"

A smile crept onto his face. "Sure am. Morning love bug <3"

The human then got up and got ready for school.

It was gonna be a long day.

"Hurry up Dib, we're gonna be late and it'll be your fault!!" Gaz yelled from downstairs

"Yeah yeah, give me a second!" He yelled back.

"What's taking you so long?!"

The teenage boy walked out of his room and shut the door. "I've been looking for my old pocket knife, have you seen it?"

"I hid it from you, remember?"

"Yeah but I found it awhile ago, I should know where it is-"

"I re-hid it dumbass. Why do you need it?"

"Just in case. Y'know, self defense."

She looked at him, puzzled. "You never worry about that kind of thing. Is something up?"

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Don't think you can fool me, Dib, I was there during your whole suicidal shit and you know it. I know something's wrong. What's up?"

"...ZimstallestarecomingtotakeovertheearthforZimafterbanninghimfromhishomeplanetand weneedtodefeatthemourselvesandthey'llbeherein6monthsandI'mterrifiedanIwanttoprotect himsofuckingbadlyandifsomethingweretohappenonearthbeforetheycameIwouldneedtobepreparedand-"

"Woah, Dib, holy shit, chill. You're talking way too fast. Come again?

"Long story short, I'm being a paranoid, overprotective boyfriend who is terrified because his partner's leaders are coming to destroy the planet after telling him he was a defect and his mission was fake."

"...You and Zim are dating and you never told me?" Gaz asked.

"OKAY WELL GOTTA GO TO SCHOOL NOW OR WE'LL BE LATE!!! GET IN THE FUCKING CAR GAZ!!!!"

"DIB DON'T AVOID THE QUESTION!!!"

" I SAID S C H O O L T I M E, G A Z L E N E ! ! !"

It was the end of the day, school was over and the two boys were planning the defeat of the Almighty Tallest and the destruction of the Irken Armada

After spewing out loads of ideas, Zim sighed. "Why don't we just run in and start shooting and blowing shit up?" They asked.

"Because your tallest are pretty powerful from what I have heard and I don't think you can overthrow them with just a couple explosions. What are their greatest weaknesses?"

"...I feel like if I told you, you would use it against me."

"Wha- Zim, aren't we past that...?" Dib asked quietly.

"It- ...I know we should be by now, but I just can't shake the feeling that the moment my guard is down that you'll take advantage of me and... it's not like I don't love and adore you, but... Zim is scared that next thing he knows you're going to betray him..."

"Oh... I mean, that's fair, but I really need to know... I don't want them to hurt you anymore."

"Are you sure you're not just saying that to 'keep earth safe'?"

"Z, I'm sure I-"

"Dib, for all I know this whole dating thing was all a hoax so I could let down my guard and-"

"ZIM!!!! I'm not going to do anything! I'm not pretending, and it really hurts to know you think I would do something that fucked up! I fucking love you Zim, and I would do just about ANYTHING to keep you safe!!" Dib snapped.

Zims eyes widened. He looked shocked, and somewhat hurt from the sudden yelling. Dib looked extremely upset, and the human immediately regretted raising his voice.

"...Can't you see I'm willing to risk everything, my home, my planet, my life, just to keep you safe? I'm not gonna hurt you, Zim!"

After a moment of silence, the Irken stood up."...Zim is leaving. He is going to defeat his tallest on his own. I don't need any help from anyone, including you."

They stormed upstairs to where their ship was kept. Dib ran outside, and next thing he knew, the ship was leaving.

Shit.

A/N

Sorry this chapter was so shitty and 90% of it was just characters speaking. Trust me it might've ended up worse if I didn't add shit and the beginning to make it less rushed. I would've made it longer but my lazy ass said "fuck it" and decided to leave off on a cliffhanger like the asshole that I am.

Than, you for reading, stay safe, and have a good day. Or a bad day, if that's what you want.

Peace out.