Chapter 3

Calix

     14 years later

I was interrupted by a loud banging coming from my room door.

   The sun hadn't risen as yet.

     I groaned as I rolled onto my back getting more comfortable in the bed. Hopefully, they would realize by now I wasn't going to get up to open the door.

     The banging continued but this time it was more aggressive. They were starting to piss me off.

     "What the fuck do you want I'm trying to sleep" I shouted towards the person behind the door 

     "Calix Alexander Aetos you better get your ass up and get ready to start training. I will not speak again!" my father shouted back at me. He's pissed.

    "Fuck" I muttered as I instantly got up from the bed.

   "Yes, father," I shouted back, trying not to sound harsh. I heard his footsteps fade from the entrance of my door.

    I'm twenty-one years old and yet he still treats me like a kid. I hate that he controls me and mom would just sit watching me sadly from the corner not saying a word.

It's not like I don't have to choice to do whatever I want, I choose not to out of respect of the kingdom and him. I'll still obey his rules until the crown is passed down to me.

      I hate how they all treat me. Some people would kill to be in the spot I am in right now. Little do they know how lonely it gets in here. I was tired from training early in the morning till noon. I'm not perfect yet they still want me to be.

   Because of them, I'm am the way I am yet they would scold me for my rude behavior.

     I used to think my mom would take my side but I was wrong. Although I do love my mom more than anything, sometimes I wonder if she feels the same. She would see the way I am throughout the days being alone and depressed yet she wouldn't talk to me about it.

      Let's not get to my father. I hate that man with a burning passion. What kind of father trains their kids at the age of eight and that too with weapons. He has never been there for me the way a father should be there for their child.

   I made my way towards the bathroom to take a shower before heading to the training ground with the others. It was 05:00 am now. I'm going to be late.

    I quickly hurried down the stairs and rushed to the battleground. Father was walking around the men who were there practicing. As soon as he saw me his face dropped into a cold expression.

     I avoided his gaze and made my way to the head of the guards for my instruction in what training I'm supposed to do for today.

     I kept a faceless expression as I walked through the field passing the men greeting me by bowing their heads. My father always said as a royal you should never show your emotions, be it when you're in love, sad, or in pain. Any royal who shows emotions is not worthy of being royal. I've never seen my father look at my mother with affection. I've never seen him cry, never seen him hurt.

     Sometimes I wonder if he even loves mother. Maybe because of him I am who I am today and the worst part is I always continue to obey him thinking maybe he'll one day be proud of him. But over years after trying and trying he always looks at me with disappointment.

     Today my task was to run 20 laps around the field then spar. I looked over to where my father was to see him looking at me intensely. I quickly avoided his gaze and began to run with the others.

      It was now noon. My body felt sore but I can't say anything about it. My chest was covered in a thick layer of sweat from to the excessive heat. My clothes stuck to my body like glue. I made my way to my personal servant who had water ready for me. I grabbed the water and quickly gulped it down before pouring myself a second portion.

     "Your highness lunch is about to be served. The King and queen request to join them immediately after freshening up" he said.

   I nodded and made my way towards my room to freshen up. I turned on the shower letting the cold water hit my skin. I made my way to my closet taking out some clothes before making my way downstairs. I never let anyone in my room be it whether it was the miads or my parents. It's the only place I can get away from all this royal shit.

     I made my way onto the large dining room where it was only my parents sitting at the table. My father sits at the head of the table and my mom sits next to him. I sat opposite my mom. My mom looked up at me with a smile. I returned a small smile before diving into my food.

     We sat there eating in complete silence before father decided he should speak.

     "I have been watching you, Calix. You are lacking back in training. As the prince and future king I expect you to be the best and to be ahead of everyone but you're the opposite" he said sternly. 

     "I'm trying my best father" I mumbled as I continued to eat my food without looking him in the eyes.

    "Well your best isn't enough" he shouted as he banged both of his fists against the table causing mom to jump in shock.

    "I expect you to be the best, to be ruthless otherwise you won't be fit to be the future  king of this kingdom" he stated 

   "Yes, father, " I muttered, keeping my eyes on the food. We continued to eat in silence before I excused myself from the table and made my way to my room slamming my door behind me. I sat on my bed for the rest of the day patiently waiting for the night to step in.

   Someone had sent the rest of dinner  up to my room which I was glad mainly because I didn't want to see my father's face.

    I guessed it was mom. Maybe she knew I wasn't going to come down to eat.

     It was now 11:05 pm. I had sent Alberto, my personal servant, to check to make sure my parents were asleep. There was a silent knock at my door. I quickly made my way to open the door to see it was him.

      "They are asleep, your highness," he says with a small smile. 

    I smiled as I grabbed the cloak from the bed and quickly put it on. I ran over to the small drawer next to my bed and pulled out a small box.

   It has been a while since I last saw her.

*****

   Vote and comment for more chapters😊