Chapter 6

Adara

   My thoughts drifted back to the moment Calix and I had by the river. A smile made it way to my lips after seeing him after so long.
  I missed him a lot. Seeing him smile after a long time made my smile increase. I stared into his blue orbs the entire morning not realizing he was stuffing his face with the apple pie I made. The sound of his deep raspy voice made my body shiver. If only he knew how much more of a best friend he was to me.

   It was sunrise now. I hadn't slept since I got back home. All I could think about was him. I was now sitting in the living room waiting for my mother to wake up so we could have breakfast.

    "Morning sweetheart" my mother says as she made her way into the room
   "Morning ma" i said with a bright smile

    "You seemed pretty happy early in the morning" she says with a soft chuckle at the end

   "I saw Calix this morning. He explained why he couldn't reach me before"

   I noticed her smile instantly drop at the mention of me meeting Calix .

  My mother knows Calix and I have been meeting each other since we were small. She trusted him. I've always told her about him.

   "Adara sweetheart your my daughter and i love you but..." she paused and gave me a sad smile

  "But what mom" i asked confused

    "He is the prince darling, he's our future king. I know how you feel about him and I'm not telling you to stop just to be more careful. If anyone sees the two of you together there would be chaos in the kingdom." She said concerned

   "Don't worry mom, no one saw us together. Calix made sure of it."i said with a smile

She nods before making her way into the kitchen to make breakfast.
   I quickly made my way to help her make some tea.

    "So when are you going to tell him?" She asks

    "Tell him what"

    "The truth about how you feel about him" she says with a smile.
     I looked down, flustered not wanting her to see me.

    "I don't know if he feels the same way about me. I'm not a royal or wealthy" i mumbled

"Sweetheart you don't need to be royal or wealthy to fall in love. If he doesn't love you for you then he isn't worth your love. You are beautiful, honest and kind and that's all that matters" she said as he looked at me.

   "Thank you mom" I responded with a smile before continuing to help her.

    We had our breakfast and continued our daily lives around the village.

Calix

   After the episode that occured this morning I went on to do some sparring. God how I wish I had killed him right there. How dare he talk about his future king like that.

     I could feel my anger rise every time I think about what he said.
    I am just as dangerous as my father. I am not a child anymore so I don't fear him like I did back then.
     I try to act as if his words don't affect me but they do.

   I will always hate him. For the way he treated me, made me feel, and for the way I am today. I am who I am today because of him.

As much as I say I hate him I know deep down that there is some love for him.  Part of me wants to him to say how proud he is of me.

     I had already taken a shower and was now heading downstairs to get some to eat before heading to my father's office. As I made my way into the kitchen I saw my mother pouring a glass of water.
     My relationship with my mother wasn't like how it was when I was a child.

     I started to distance myself from her after she started to agree with whatever my father says. I would hardly speak to either of them. Sometimes I question if she loves him more than she loves her own son.

     But at this point I stopped caring. She made her choice and I made mine. She knew when I would sit and cry in my room, when I had no one to talk to yet she never came once to console me.

        She looked up at me and a smile made its way onto her face.

  "Calix sweetheart would you like me to make something for you to eat" she asked softly

    "It's ok mother I'm not hungry" i mumbled
     Her smile slowly dropped at my response but she quickly regains her smile trying not to look affected by my words.

    Truth was I was famished but I really didn't want to see her at this time.

   "Would you like some water then" she asked

  I hesitated before giving her an answer.
   "Sure"
   She quickly pulled out another glass from the cabinet and poured some water.
    She made her way towards the dining room and placed the water on the table. She motioned me to follow behind her.

   I mentally sighed. This is why I didn't say I wanted anything to eat. I know she would try to get me to have a conversation with her and that's the last thing I want to do right now.

    I slowly followed behind her. She pulled a chair out and motioned me to sit next to her.

    "So how's training going?" she asked
  "Good"

  "Are you sure you don't want anything to eat i can make you something quick" she said as she stood up from her chair

  "I'm fine mother" I mumbles before drinking the water
    I'm really not in the mood for her motherly conversations.
She seemed to notice my frustration and sat back into her chair quietly.

    "Well, your father would like to see you in his office" she said quietly.
   I quickly made my way out of the chair  to leave the room.
   I stopped to glance over towards her to see her looking down at her palms.
Maybe I was a bit too harsh towards her.
   "Mom I'm ok you don't need to worry about me" I said trying to not make her unhappy because of the way I spoke towards her.
   She looks up at me with a small smile before lightly nodding her head.
  I forced a small smile before leaving the room and making my way towards my father's office.

    As I made my way through the halls I noticed everyone seemed happy. It's not every day you see the servants and guards happy.
  As I continued to make my way towards the office I came across Alberto and by the look on his face he was not happy.

    " Alberto why is everyone so happy today" i asked confused
   "Your highness I believe it's better if the king answers your questions" he responded with his head bowed and his hand behind his back.
    Oh no this is bad.

   "Alberto now is not the time formalities just tell me what's going on." I said nervously

   " Your highness I prefer you let the king answer your questions. All I can say is that it is not good news. None of it is good news."he responded concerned

   "Hm ok then I'll go see what's this bad news about"i said
  "I'll wait by your room when you're finished your highness,"he said. This time he looked at me with pity held in his eyes

    As I made my way towards my father's office I noticed two guards who weren't ours along with two of my father's guards guarding his door.
    "This is weird," I said to myself.
I shook off any nervousness that I felt and fixed my posture before I entered his office.

   I stood In Front of the door knocking twice before I heard a faint come in.
   I pushed open the door to reveal some faces I didn't recognize.
   My father happily stood up from his seat with a smile which was a bit weird.

   "Son meet the King Thomas and Queen Caroline Dubois of France" i eyes scanned the couple in front of me. Why are they here?

   " And their beloved daughter Princess Roseline of France"

     Shit

*****

Don't forget to vote and comment for more.🥰😘