Chapter 15

Roseline's Pov

 Why does he always have to be rude towards me? I did nothing but be nice to him. Father wasn't lying when he said the prince can be an ignorant bastard. He won't be for long anymore. Just a couple more days and maybe he'll start to feel the same way I feel about him.

  I was now walking behind him making our way to the tailors. He hasn't uttered a word since the incident a few minutes ago. Part of me was relieved that he hadn't spoken since but the other part of me was desperate to hear his voice. 

 We finally stopped in front of a massive door that was painted in a royal blue and white. I looked around in awe. I've never seen this part of the castle. The door opened revealing a bigger room. Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned their gaze to us. They quickly bowed and resumed doing what they were doing. Men and women were pacing around with large amounts of fabrics in their hands.

 I followed behind the prince trail until we stopped in front of an older woman.

  "Your highness"  the older woman bowed once again with a smile.

I returned a smile and made my way closer to the prince.

  He seemed to notice and shifted away. I ignored his action and paid attention to the older woman.

 "The king has already chosen the color and fabric for both of the garments for the both of you that you'll be wearing," she said with a smile as she searched for the measuring tape. 

"Of course he did" the prince muttered next to me

 "Ok let's start with the princess first," 

I stepped forward while the prince walked over to the chair that was seated next to me. I lifted my arms letting the woman measure the size of my waist. I couldn't see him since my back was facing him but I could feel his eyes on me. 

 "Lift your hands a little higher dear," the old woman said 

I lifted my arms higher letting her measure the size of my bust. The woman hummed and wrote the size down on a notebook that was placed on the desk next to me. I then realized the prince was sitting next to the notebook. I turned around to look at him to see his eyes already in the book. He then lifted his gaze and met mine. I quickly shift back around avoiding his gaze. My face heated up in embarrassment. The woman continued to take my measurements quietly until she was finished. 

 "I'm sure you'll look mesmerizing in your dress," the woman said with a bright smile before turning around to meet the prince's gaze.

  I stepped back to allow the prince to take his measurements. He stood up from his chair and stepped forward standing where I was. It was now my turn to sit and wait for him to finish. I decided I won't speak a word from him until he apologized for his behavior. Two can play at this game. After he quickly finished taking his measurements, I stood up from the chair and began walking out of the room without a word.

   I was now walking ahead of him silently observing the palace while he trailed slowly behind me.

  "Why are you so quiet?" he finally questioned. I ignored him and continued to walk to the front of the castle. Maybe if I ignore him long enough he'll apologize. 

 "Roseline" he called.

Don't look back, don't look back I chanted in my head. 

I kept walking until I felt a firm grip on my hand stopping me in my tracks. I turned around to meet his piercing blue eyes. 

"What do you want?" I said unbothered or at least I tried to look unbothered. A single touch from him made the butterflies swirl in my tummy in excitement. 

 "What's wrong ?" He asked, his brows raised. I stared into those cold blue eyes before pulling my hand out of his grip and began to walk away.

I only got a few steps ahead of him until he finally said the words I was waiting for.

" I'm sorry," he voiced. I turned around and walked back towards him. His eyes follow my movements. I stood in front of him, eyes meeting each other. 

"I don't accept your apology" I responded. 

He lets out a deep chuckle shaking his head before looking at me with a serious face.

"May I ask as to why you don't accept my apology"

 "Because you are rude to me every moment i'm with you. I don't see a reason for me to accept your apology" I snapped. The butterflies were no more there. It was just anger. He stood there quietly listening to me raging. 

"What can I do to make you accept my apology?" He grumbled quietly cutting me off. Was he really that desperate for my forgiveness? That was new. Maybe his guilt was finally setting in.

"Are you willing to do anything?" I asked curiously. He nodded his head slightly. A small smile made its way to my face. This is probably the only time he'll do something that I say so I might as well take it to my advantage. 

"Would you hurry up and tell me I don't have all day" he groaned annoyed.

I rolled my eyes at his behavior. 

 "You are going to be nice to me. You are not allowed to be rude or mean to me ever again and from now on we are going to be friends." I stated 

He stared at me in disbelief before turning his head and walking away.

"Hey where are you going?," I asked running to keep up with him.

"Away from you"

"Stop," I said and grabbed his hand stopping him from walking. 

"I told you I don't want to be your friend," he said blankly

"Why not?" I asked in defeat

 "Because you annoy me. How do you not expect me to be mean to you when your presence alone annoys me. It gets to a point that sometimes I just wanna fed you to my horse" he went on.

 I gasp at his rudeness. "That is very rude of you to say that" I stated in disbelief. "I hope you're satisfied because I am not accepting your apology," I said before walking away in anger.

I made my way to the end of the hall until I heard his voice once again.

"Fine, I'll be your friend but that doesn't mean you should show up in front of me every day otherwise I personally will feed you to my horse,". I turned around to meet his eyes but he quickly looked away, turning his heal in the opposite direction before walking away.

*****

Hey guys:-), don't forget to vote and comment for more❤