Chapter 5

Calix

It was nearing three in the morning so I needed to bead back to the palace. I walked Dara back to her home not before hugging her and placing a kiss onto her forehead before leaving.

I promised her I'll be back in a couple of days. I then started to make my way back. I took the same route that leads to the forest and the back of the palace. 

It was after 3:00 am and I wasn't even close to the palace. Alberto must have already been there waiting for me. 

Father would usually wake up around 4:00 am to do God knows what. He would walk around the castle and the grounds. I can't afford to get caught by him.

I was now sprinting through the forest trying to reach in time to get to my room.

I started to notice I was getting closer towards the palace and slowed down. I couldn't have the guards catch me. I slowly made my way closer trying not to step on anything to make noise.

I peeked around the tree to see the guards were asleep near the entrance. I need to make my way towards the bushes without making any noise. I quietly slid behind the bushes and made my way through the hole on the other side. 

And to my surprise, Alberto was there waiting for me. I thought he would have already gone back into the castle not waiting for me.

I quickly covered back the hole and made my way towards him. I was tired but I knew I needed to get ready for a couple of hours for training again.

"Your Highness, are you ok?" Alberto asked me

"Yes, I am," I said out of breath. 

He simply nods and we start to make our way into the castle.

"Your highness I may need to take the coat. We can't have anyone seeing you walking around like this the will become suspicious" he says

I took off my coat and handed it to him.

He checks the halls to make sure there wasn't anyone or any guards walking around before signaling me to follow him. We made it through the halls without being caught. I was now heading to my room while he was heading to his to hide the coat.

I felt tired. My clothes were stuck to my skin due to the fact I was sweating so much.

My mind starts to drift back to Dara and me back at the river. It felt so good to see her beautiful face again.

Those eyes

Calix

Those lips

Calix

Her smile

"CALIX!" a loud voice broke me out of my thoughts.

I turned around to see it was my father.

"Father," I said quietly. What is he doing here? Shit, I wonder if he knows that I left the palace.

"I've called for you twice, why were you not answering me," he said coldly with his hands behind his back.

"Sorry my thoughts were somewhere else," I said, not showing any emotion. 

He looks at me for what seems to be a lifetime before speaking.

"Why are you so sweaty," he asked, raising one of his brows.

Shit. " I had a lot on my mind so I went for a run," I said calmly

Technically it was the truth. I did have a lot on my mind and I did run through the forest to get back here.

He gave me a curious look before telling me to freshen up and be down by 5:00.