Chapter 11

Roseline pov

My cheeks burned in embarrassment as I ran to my room. Roseline, couldn't you come up with anything other than observing him.

I flopped on my bed face first hoping my embarrassment would soon subside. I then made my way into the bathroom to freshen up before heading downstairs. 

As I dry my hair with the towel my mind starts to drift back to Calix at the village. The way he spoke to his people made him look so powerful. My heartbeat starts to increase as my mind pictures him talking to me in the carriage. 

 Why am I feeling this way? 

I can tell he doesn't like me too much but that will soon change. I'll make sure of it.

***

Adara pov

Later that day the entire village was overjoyed by the princess and the prince's visit. Everyone was spoked about how lovely they looked together. Some were even saying she'll be our future queen. As much as I tried to ignore their gossip, I couldn't. I kept thinking about why Calix didn't tell me about the visit of the princess. As of until now no one had known about the Royal Family of France visit.

   Why didn't he say something about this the last time we met. Why are they here? Royal families only meet each other if they are planning to unite kingdoms or for business. If they were here for business why would the princess visit the village?

  I continued to do my work around the village until I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I turned around to see someone familiar in a black coat with a hood over his head.

"Miss, his highness sent me here to tell you to meet him at the river later tonight," Alberto said with a small smile. 

I returned a small smile before thanking him. He then took a path where there was hardly anyone and made his way back to the palace. I stood there wondering if I should meet him tonight. Maybe he'll tell me what's going on or maybe he'll not. I shook my thoughts out of my head and decided it was time for me to head back home.

As I walked along the dirt road through the village I came to a halt when I saw Agatha struggling to fetch a basket of rations to her home. Agatha lived by herself so she didn't have anyone to help her with her daily tasks. Her husband died at war and her only child who was a boy died from a sickness. At her age, she struggles to do her work so I always lend her a helping hand whenever I see her.

I ran towards her and placed my hands on the handle of the basket.

  "Here let me help you," I said softly

She looked up to see who it was and a bright smile made its way to her face.

 "Thank you, my dear," she says as she lets out a soft chuckle

 "I've gotten so old now that I even struggled to fetch my own food" she smiles

"I'm always here to help" I replied with a smile

"Why didn't you ask one of the men or women at the market to help you. At your age, you shouldn't be doing all this work" I said

"I did but everyone was too busy talking about the prince and his bride" she chuckles as we continue to walk to her home.

Bride? I thought the princess and her family were only visiting.

"He said they were visiting for a short while. How can you be sure that she's his bride" 

She looks at me with a small smile before turning to look at her surroundings.

  "Sweetheart another royal family would never come to another royal family and introduce their daughter to the village"