Second Eruption

Schicksal Branch HQ, Babylon Tower (2000)

You and Siegfired have arrived at The Babylon Tower. You met Theresa there. Theresa runs at you when she sees you.

Theresa: "Siegfried! Y/N! Finally you're here."

Siegfried: "We're here, what's the situation?"

While Theresa and Siegfried were talking, you wander around the place trying to find out what has happened here.

Y/N: (Let's see.. dead scientists, broken cell. If the culprit was from outside, I'm pretty sure Schicksal would've known earlier cause you know, Schicksal's security is top-notch. I can't imagine a person managed to breach this far, it only means that the culprit was from inside. Was it The Herrscher's doing? But what's the cause?)

You go to the Labs and you found some lab computers and data sheets. You try to access the computer but it's locked. So you pick up the paper sheets and read it.

Y/N: (Agata, Avrora, Bella, Galina, and.. Sirin. What were they doing to these girls?  Hm.. There's no data about that here, and I need an Overseer level clearance to access the computers. They wanted to keep this a secret, there's something fishy about this.) *frowns*

You spot some kind of injection tube on the floor with purple liquid inside it. You pick it up.

Y/N: "What is this purple liquid inside? I need to find out." (It would be too reckless if I test this on myself, I need to find something to test it on.) "Maybe that plant will do."

You walk to the plant on the desk and then you injected the purple liquid into it. The plant started showing purple vein-like things on them before the plant turns completely gray and turns into ashes.

Y/N: "It can't be. Is that honkai energy or something like that? It must be the cause or maybe one of the cause why the Herrscher awakened." (Were they injecting those girls with this? Why? What kind of sick experiment was going on here?)

Y/N: "There's nothing more worth investigating here. I'd better get back to the others."

You get back to the main room, only to find that Theresa was waiting for you.

Theresa: "Y/N, where were you?"

Y/N: "I was searching around the place, trying to find any clues."

Theresa: "And? Got something?"

Y/N: "Based on the clues I found, my  guess is that there was some experiment going here. They were injecting the test subjects which is mostly children with some honkai energy stimulant or something like that. I'm pretty sure the Herrscher was awakened because of that. Am I right?"

Theresa: "Unfortunately, what you said was right. The name of the girl who became the Herrscher is Sirin. Sirin's friends died because of the injection, that's mainly the cause of the Herrscher's awakening. The scientists were trying to build a human that can contain the full power of the Herrscher. To put it simply, they want those girls to become the vessel of the Herrscher so they can control the Herrscher's power."

Y/N: "That, is what they want you to think."

Siegfried: "What do you mean?"

Y/N: "If that was their intention, they should've taken a precaution so they can re-contain the Herrscher in case it awakes. But there's nothing here, not even a single valkyrie or some security procedure. They, or at least the person who leads this experiment was trying to awake the Herrscher on purpose. This is weird, there's something more that we don't know about this."