Retribution II

Previously

12th Herrscher: "Do your worst! Kill me if you really can!"

Y/N: "Who says I'm going to kill you?"

The Herrscher looks at you with a confused face.

12th Herrscher: "What? Stop being stupid and come at me!"

Y/N: "I'm not gonna kill you. I'm going to save you."

12th Herrscher: "What are you doing?!"

Y/N: (This is a very risky move. I could lost control of my body for good if I failed here.)

You used Fenghuang Down's power to go inside the Herrscher's mind despite knowing the risks.

Y/N: (But.. I have no other choice. I will help you get rid of all those hatred inside your heart. I will show you that this world is still worth fighting for. I am going to save you, Rin.)

Presently

Everything went dark the moment you entered the 12th Herrscher's mind. Slowly but surely, you started to regain your consciousness. You carefully opened your eyes to find that you're lying on the ground.

Y/N: "Where.. is this?"

You started to feel that everything around you was wet, including the ground you're lying on. Slowly, you mustered your strength to stand up. As you managed to stand on your feet, you looked at the atmosphere around you.

Y/N: "This place is..."

Water drops are falling from above, the night sky feels so cold and lonely, and thunders could be heard from time to time, everything in this place feels so familiar but gloomy at the same time.

Y/N: (Did I managed to get inside the Herrscher's mind? Am I inside it right now?)

Realizing that wondering about those things won't help, you decided to keep walking to try to find something. You keep walking and walking in the downpour even though you're soaking wet from the heavy rain, until you find a single stone stair path leading to somewhere.

 You keep walking and walking in the downpour even though you're soaking wet from the heavy rain, until you find a single stone stair path leading to somewhere

Y/N: (Let's see where this will lead me to.)

As you walk down the path, trees and rural buildings start to be seen but not even a single person seems to be here. You keep going farther down the path until you find something that triggers your memory of this place. At the distance, you see a rustic looking shrine and there are many pink-flowered trees around it. That view instantly makes you realize where you are right now.

Y/N: "This is.. Yae Village." (Why am I here?)

You decided to get inside the shrine. You opened the door but there was nothing that piqued your interest. You keep taking more steps deeper inside the shrine until you find a human-sized box. A single paper with unfamiliar writing is sticked onto the surface of the box.