Retribution III

Kallen: "Y/N, are you ready?"

You closed your eyes, you took some deep breaths to relax yourself then you reopened your eyes as you clenched your fists.

Y/N: "Let's do this." (I'll keep my promise to you, Rin. I'll save you and bring you back from the depths of hatred.)

You walk side by side with Kallen in silence. You're suddenly reminded by the illusion that was created by the Herrscher, where you saw Kallen venting out her anger at you because you couldn't keep the promise you made.

Y/N: (Even if it's just an illusion, it felt so real. And everything that she said was true. I didn't keep my promise, I've... let her die.)

You want to be as focused as possible before confronting the 12th Herrscher so you throw all of that thoughts away. Suddenly, Kallen talks to you.

Kallen: "Y/N, you look troubled. Is there something on your mind?"

You look at her while finding the right words to answer her question.

Y/N: "I..." *sighs* "I don't know, Kallen."

Kallen: "Alright, Y/N. But if you need to talk, just know that I'm here okay?"

You smiled and then you nodded at her. After walking for quite a while, Kallen suddenly stops.

Kallen: "It's here."

Both of you are standing on an open ground in the center of the Yae Village.

Kallen: "Do you know this place?"

Y/N: "This is the place where Sakura's sister was.. sacrificed."

Kallen: "Now, there's only one thing to do before you can face the Herrscher. But before that..."

Kallen turned her face to look at you, she's setting her gaze at your eyes, telling you that she is being serious.

Kallen: "Before you face the Herrscher, you have to make up your mind and your heart. You have to be focused. That's why... I want you to tell me what's been on your mind, Y/N. I can see that it's bugging your mind, Y/N. So.. please tell me."

Y/N: *chuckles* "I'm still amazed by the fact that you always managed to see through me, Kallen."

Kallen: "I know that I'm just a part of the real Kallen but... I am always watching you, Y/N."

Y/N: *smiles* "I know."

Kallen: "So, are you going to tell me?"

Y/N: "I just want to say that I'm..."

Kallen: "Yes?"

Y/N: "I am sorry, Kallen."

There's a long silence after you said that.

Y/N: "I was being selfish, I was wrong, I-"

Kallen: "Y/N."

She stopped you abruptly.

Kallen: "It's alright. You don't have to apologize or explain anything, I never blamed you, not even a bit. I know that you're just trying to protect me." *smiles*

Her response made you quite surprised.

Y/N: "Kallen..."

She smiled as she slowly walks towards you, then she wraps her arms around you while hugging you tight. Not thinking about anything, you just hug her back.

Kallen: "Instead of blaming you, I want to say thank you, Y/N. For everything."

Both of you stays like that for a while, it feels like you're reliving all the good memories that you've had with her. After a while, you let go of each other.