Friendship Day

Kagami's POV

Adrien has been encouraging me to try to make some more friends. So much so that he took the liberty of signing me up for the Friendship Day scavenger hunt for which he is the prize. I lied to my mother in order to participate in this, hopefully, it will be worth it.

The first hint was sent to our phones in order for us to find our partners. I had to use a secret voice recording I took of my mother to change the direction of our self-driving car. The first clue is taking me to Canal Saint-Martin

Once I was out of the car, I immediately saw my partner. Which, as luck would have it was Marinette, who was talking to herself and walking away.

She is so...odd

Eventually, she turned around to meet me on the bridge.

"Woo, Kagami! This must be fate! I mean, what were the odds of you and I being paired up? At least one in ten million at least, right? So awesome!"

"You didn't look too happy about being my secret friend." I'm not going to lie, it did hurt my feelings seeing her having to debate with herself whether or not she was going to back out.

"I...uh...thought I had gotten the place wrong. I totally didn't see you yet, no way. I'm super excited to play the game with you!"

"You mustn't lie Marinette, friendships are based on trust. Besides, after our last interaction, we both know you suck at lying to me"

We both received a message:

"Congratulations you've just located your game partner! And who knows? Maybe even a new friend for life"

We both looked at each other awkwardly. We then received our next clue, which she instantly came to the conclusion meant we had to go to England.

She really should stop lying to me, I can already tell she just wants us to lose. She must think I'm not over Adrien so she doesn't want me to get to him.

She was walking behind me on her phone. I heard her make a video message, but I couldn't hear what she said.

Marinette's POV

The world really just wants me to collapse, doesn't it? After Kagami and I talked at the party I realized that the shocked feeling was not a one-time thing. And now I have to spend the whole day with her!

I don't think I can handle that. I already told Alya about my feelings about Kagami, which shocked her a little bit, to say the least. Not the being interested in a girl part, the fact that it was Kagami part. She thought that the 'Ice Queen' would be a tough one to like

On our way to the second clue, I sent Alya a quick message to try to get all my freakout about being around Kagami out so that I don't become a stuttering mess.

We reached our point on the bridge and found a magnetic fishing rod. We have to fish for our next clue. She handed it to me and told me to fish.

"Do you prefer to be called by a nickname or your full name?" she asked me

"Uh...by...my whole name?" Weird for her to ask that

"Thank you Marinette, uh, your hair is very shiny," She said and gave me quite possibly the most awkward smile in all of existence, it was honestly kind of adorable how hard she was trying.

"Uh... thank you? Your hair looks great too"

I noticed she keeps looking down at her phone, is she talking to someone to distract herself from this?