Orange Juice

Kagami's POV

"My mother said I have to be home by dark"

"She's letting you stay out after that?" she sounded shocked

"I think she felt bad considering her reaction to my akumatization. So she is allowing me this. Unless of course, you don't want to continue hanging out. I know since the competition is over there's no real reason but..."

"Kagami, I would love to continue hanging out with you. Still up for some orange juice?"

"Yes, please"

"If you don't mind me asking, what's up with your mom being so strict?"

"My mother believes that I will get far in the world of fencing. Farther than she ever could. But she doesn't believe I can if I don't focus all my energy on training at all hours of the day that I'm not sleeping or eating"

"Then why did she let you go on a date with Adrien?"

"We both lied to our parents about wanting to have a private practice with each other to improve our skills"

"Oooh that's smart"

"I thought it was clever. Sadly I couldn't use an excuse like that for today because she knew he was participating in the game. So instead I tried my luck asking for permission. When she said no and sent me home, I used a voice recording of her to direct the car to get me to where the first clue lead us"

"Oooh, sneaky and rebellious. I like it!"

I couldn't fend off the smile that crept onto my face at her words. I never thought I would receive praise for something so reckless.

"Honestly I was surprised when I saw you were my partner. I didn't think you'd be the type to want to make friends with a complete stranger" she said to me

"Adrien had signed me up, he thought it would be good for me to socialize. Although I am sort of convinced he pulled some strings to make sure we were paired together"

"What makes you say that?"

"When I first talked to him after I was akumatized he told me I would like to get to know you. And with our paths constantly crossing, I wouldn't put it past him to try and make us friends"

"I-is it, is it working?"

Is she worried that it's not, or that it is?

"I certainly hope so. I would hate to waste my few hours of free time with someone who isn't a friend"

"Even though we didn't get to see Adrien?" she asked

"I saw getting to Adrien as a consolation prize for if I didn't enjoy my partner's company. I'm growing quite fond of you, Marinette. Are you upset we didn't get to see Adrien? I know with what your friend's message said it might be disappointing"

"Oh...uh...no, no, not upset about not seeing Adrien at all! I'm perfectly fine."

"Since you got to ask me some questions, is it okay if I ask you some?"

"Uhm, s-sure."

"Did you say Adrien scored the point because of your crush on him?"

"Uh, partly? The touches were so close to each other and I didn't really know what was going on and with there only being one opening I thought if they let you in I wouldn't be able to get close to Adrien since he has such a tight schedule, so I picked him without thinking of the consequences. But I don't have a crush on him anymore!"

"You don't? But your friend said..."

"She just doesn't believe I'm over him. Heh"

"Sure..."

"SOOO. Any other questions?"

"Did you design the maids outfit you worked in at the premiere? I've never seen another like it."

"Oh! Yeah. I did. My parents wanted me to 'look the part'. Fortunately, it was an outfit that I was able to put together quickly."

"I noticed the flowers you had on your skirt are on nearly everything you wear. I take it that's a logo of sorts?"

"Yeah, I like to incorporate it into anything that it would fit with, mostly things for myself. Other things I do will just get a small portion of it or my signature sewn into a less visible place."

"I saw that hat you designed that was featured at one of Gabriel's shows. It truly is a work of art. You have real talent"

"Yank thou...Thank you! Sorry, I'm not used to receiving compliments!"

I couldn't help but chuckle. Her nervousness is adorable.

"No need to apologize, Marinette. I understand."

"Can I ask you another question? After this one I mean"

"I suppose"

"What made you give up on Adrien?"

"How he looked at and talked about you"

"What?"

"I know at the premiere I told you he said he had feelings for someone who has already rejected him. But I think he also has feelings for you that he just doesn't realize yet. After all, you are absolutely gorgeous and amazingly talented. I'd be surprised if he didn't."

"Gorgeous?" I heard her mumble with a blush coming to her cheeks, the idea of Adrien liking her might be making her flustered.

" I uh...o-kay. That's not good."

"So, you aren't going to do anything about that?"

"If he confronts me about it then I'll be honest with him about my feelings. But I have no reason to just go up to him and say 'I don't like you' that would just hurt his feelings for no reason"

"You really are over your crush?"

"Yeah..."

I don't think she knew I could hear what she said next because of how she whispered it under her breath, but I heard it.

"That one, at least..."

So she has another crush. Maybe one day I'll get to find out who.

"The sun is starting to set. I should head home. But before I go. Can I have your phone number? I would like to be able to talk to you as much as I can during my free time"

"Asboludy"