Chapter 07

"The presentation will be held at exactly one in the afternoon, Ms. Charlotte,"

I closed my eyes when Maureen came in and said that to remind me. I leaned back in my swivel chair and squeezed my temple. We have so many piles of work today. I don't even know what to do first.

I told Maureen first that I would just have coffee for a while. I went to Mayumi's coffee shop and there I complained about how tired I am.

"Nakakapagod talaga," I complained.

Mayumi simply stared at me and smiled like crazy. She doesn't say anything and simply observes my every action. When she got bored, she stood up at the counter and when she came back to me she was already carrying an iced coffee.

"This is what you need," inilapit niya ito sa akin at medyo inilayo naman 'yong coffee. "Ma-i-stress ka niyan sa ginagawa mo, bakit kasi wala kang assistant?" Pagtatanong niya pa.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you, I already had an assistant." Sabi ko sa kaniya.

I saw the shock on her face but she immediately nodded as well. "'Yun naman pala, e,"

I took a deep breath before looking at her. I smiled at her wryly, not knowing what to say. In the end, I just didn't speak and just finished the iced coffee she gave me.

I went back to my office and saw Maureen sitting on my couch there looking at her watch. I sneezed to get her attention.

Ngumiti siya sa akin bago tumayo. "Ms. Charlotte, I just want to remind you that 15 minutes before the presentation begins."

"Yes, you go first. I'll follow." Sabi ko at agad naman siyang tumango at umalis na.

I just combed my hair for a moment and retouched it. When I was done I went to the meeting hall. When I got there, some of our co-workers were already there but our boss wasn't there yet, fortunately.

Our presentation was also arranged when I got there, Alvin was already with Jilyn in front. I smiled at them and sat in the vacant front seat.

Madam Grace also arrived later. Alvin and Jilyn started the presentation with a greeting until their part was over so Wyne and I stood up to explain the rest of our presentation.

"This is one of our unsold designs, I think consumers will like it more if we put another design that suits that color," itinuro ko 'yon design na nasa presentation namin. "I recommend this design, which was created by Mika, the designer team's leader." Itinuro ko si Mika na nakaupo sa bandang gitna.

"We believe that everyone will love to buy this design. It's lovely, it's not overly popular, and it's not overly influenced by other patterns." Dagdag ni Wyne.

We did a good job with our presentation. We anticipated that giving a group presentation would be tough, especially since our employer prefers to give solo presentations so that her employees self-confidence can grow.

"Thank you, Lord!"

After we presented, they planned to have coffee so that we could relax somehow, we also included Maureen.

"Tayo pa lang ang first group na nag-present, ano?" Biglang tanong ni Jilyn sa kalagitnaan ng katahimikan.

"Hindi ba nagpapa-group presentation si Madam Grace?" Maureen suddenly asked so everyone's attention went to her.

"Ay, ikaw 'yon bago, 'te?" si Alvin.

Tumango sa kaniya si Maureen at ngumiti.

"Madam Grace doesn't really do group presentations." Mika replied.