II

✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

After waiting for what seemed like I don't know, forever, the elevator doors finally decided to slide open and I stepped into the small area.

Turning my right shoulder to the doors, I used my elbow to press the glowing button that read level five. Finally, I was able to drop the heavy duffle bag onto the floor, stretching my shoulders as I sighed in relief.

Tilting my head to the left and into my shoulder, I pressed on the base of my jaw trying to crack it. I swear to god this duffle bag is going to be the end of me.

Looking at the reflection in the very shiny metal doors of the polished elevator, I readjusted the lace bra strap that showed through my oversized hoodie that I'd cut the collar off of. The comfortable silence of the elevator was soon interrupted by the shrill sound of the elevator doors sliding open again.

A boy walked in, he had his head down staring at the screen of his phone. He glanced up for a second as he stepped into the elevator, making eye contact with me.

His gaze was fixed and calculated as his dark eyes lingered on me for all of two seconds, making my stomach twist into a knot, before he looked back down at his phone. He moved to the other side of the elevator as the doors closed shut with a soft hum.

Staring straight ahead my curiosity got the better of me and I snuck a quick glance at him through the reflection of the doors. He was at least six inches taller than me, his dark brown hair was messy and a couple strands fell in front of his face as he looked down to read whatever was on his phone.

His arm muscles flexed a little as he raised his hand to rub the back of his neck, revealing a little skin under the thin material of his black shirt.

"Take a picture, It'll last longer." He said harshly, clearly noticing me checking him out.

Rolling my eyes I scoffed, "You wish." I muttered under my breath, training my eyesight back to my own reflection in the doors.

The elevator seemed to take forever to reach the fith floor, and as soon as the silver doors screeched open again, I hoisted my duffle bag back onto my shoulder and sped out of there.

Hearing the doors close behind me, I sighed a breath of relief and the tension I didn't even know I had left my body as I made my way down the hallway. I counted the numbered plaques above each door until I reached 505, which was the number the receptionist lady gave me when I checked in.

Taking out the silver key she had given me, I pressed it into the lock and turned it to the left. Taking a quick breath, I placed my hand on the chilled door handle and walked inside. A wave of soft sunlight hit my eyes as I walked into the small room.

"Oh my gosh, you must be my new roommate!" A muffled voice echoed from the left side of the room. A girl stood on top of one of the raised beds, in one of her hands the side of a butterfly poster was pressed against the wall, and a piece of clear tape was held between her teeth as she moved off the bed and over to me.