Prologue

✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

     "I definitely just failed my AP calc test," Isabel groaned as she leaned against the gray metal locker to the left of me. Her coconut body spray hung around us like a cloud and it felt like I was drowning in SPF and pina coladas. "Is, you don't need to spray that stuff every passing period, you're going to give us lung cancer," I said, swatting my hand in the air to blow away the invisible cloud of spray.

Trying to pull out my binder from my overflowing locker I shut the cold metal door with a soft click and re-adjusted my backpack on my shoulder. "If we get cancer then I guess we're dying and going to hell together." She said, smirking at me as she put the lid back on her spray and stuffed it into her flowery cosmetic bag.

Rolling my eyes I open my mouth to reply when the feedback of the intercom echoes through the hallway.

"Ms.Viviana Stoll please report to the Principles office, Ms.Stoll please report to the Principles office." The speaker chimed.

"You've got to be kidding me," I said groaning loudly as I dropped my head into my binder.

"Of course, you would be called down to the office the second week of school." Isabel laughed as she patted my head like I was a lost puppy. I picked my head up and turned the dial on my locker to shut it in place. "Will you walk with me?" I asked turning to face her.

"No can do sister, Mr. Bryant said if I was late to first again, he was gonna give me lunch detention," Isabel said frowning as she gave me a quick hug. "Don't forget to text me about your little rendezvous with principal Amanda!" she called as she walked down the hallway to her first period.

Letting out a sigh I made my way toward the front office located in building one which, of course, was on the complete other side of campus! I seriously think whoever built this school did it to purposely put kids into cardiac arrest because I was literally panting by the time I reached the office.

Pulling the chipped handle of the wooden door open, a mixture of cold air and lavender-scented air freshener floated past me. Stepping into the air-conditioned room I walked up to Anne the school's receptionist.

"Viviana, just the girl I was thinking about!" she said a little too cheerfully for it being seven in the morning. Her painted red lips curved into a smile as she looked at me through her brown cat-eyed reading glasses.

"You can head on into Amanda's office, she's waiting for you." She said, flashing me another wide-mouthed smile.

Thanking her I walked to the right of the reception desk and through the heavy wooden door, Following the hallway I passed the teacher's lounge, which had a faint smell of burnt popcorn lingering from it. Turning left I ended up facing the door to my principal's office.

The door was already cracked open and I could make out the faint voice of my principal Ms. Amanda talking on the phone. Knocking quietly on the door I pushed it open with the palm of my hand.

Soothing instrumental music filled the dainty room. A humidifier stood on a wood table next to a white-clothed armchair. The back wall was lined with floor-to-ceiling white bookshelves and the blinds were open, filling the room with natural light. Amanda wasn't talking on the phone but rather to someone whose back was facing me.

"Viviana, there you are!" Amanda said as she focused her attention on me, She was standing up behind her clear acrylic desk, her hair was down in loose waves and she was wearing her signature black wrap dress and neutral-colored heels that made her a couple of inches taller than she already was.

The man in front of her turned around, noticing I had entered the room, and oh my fucking god?

"Dad?" I asked hesitantly, my eyebrows slightly furrowed together and my mouth hanging open like I was a cartoon character someone put on pause. There he was standing right in front of me, in my school, talking to my principal, giving me the same blank expression he gave me the last time I saw him.

"I- what are you doing here?" I asked him trying to think of a reason why he would just show up here out of the blue. But of course that was his specialty, no text or call or email, he just appeared, he was more like a recurring nightmare rather than a father.

"Viviana, why don't you come sit down so we can have a little talk," Amanda said, giving me a sweet closed-lip smile, gesturing to the empty armchair next to my dad and across from her.

Sliding my backpack off my shoulder and letting it fall to the ground next to the leg of my chair, I sat down, sinking into the soft cushion, the blue throw pillow sat stiffly behind me.

"So your dad and I were talking, and he thought that it was best for you to re-enroll in a private school up in New York. We think it would be in your best interest education-wise. This school is very prestigious, it has great teachers and a really good stable program, I think it would be very beneficial for you." She said, staring at me like she didn't just drop a nuclear fucking bomb in my lap.

"I'm sorry I think I just hallucinated, What did you say again?" I said, my jaw hanging open for the second time in the past five minutes. I was confused, annoyed, and so mad. I mean, my dad hasn't spoken to me in months and now he just randomly decides to come into my life like a wrecking ball and plow through it. How does he get to have any say in what I do, where I live, or what school I attend?

"This makes no sense whatsoever, I've attended this high school for the past three years, all my friends are here, my teachers, everything I know is here in Seattle. In what way is moving across the country beneficial to me or my education?" I said practically shouting, I was standing up now with my arms on my hips.

"Viviana enough, you are moving to New York, you are attending Verlice Prep Academy, you are not eighteen yet and you won't be till May, which means I am still in charge of you, and you will not fight me on this." He said, he was standing up now too but instead of his usual blank face his thick eyebrows were turned downward into a glare and for a split second I felt like I was five years old again and he was yelling at me for interrupting his important business call.

And I knew that no matter how much I argued with him or begged him to let me stay, I was moving to New York.

And there was nothing I could do about it.

✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

Word count : 1202

Woww, after a very long break I have finally got the writers momentum back and I present to you the brand new Sincerely Viviana. I changed up the plot of the book a little so you might want to re-read the description. I low-key kinda love this chapter and I can't wait to continue this story!!

✧  Vote, comment, and follow

- g