chapter 4

Both you and Hu tao ventured deep into the mountain. Expecting to find an exit that leads below the hill. Everything that then happened after the fall was quite peaceful. Except one certain instance.

A few moments ago...

Hu tao left you alone after both of you fell, as she seemed to be deep in thought about something.

You wanted to start walking and get out of the cave. However, Hu tao continued  standing in one place, her face then suddenly lit up, as an idea went into her head.

She shoved her hand inside her sleeve and pulled out something white.

Thinking as if it was some cloth, shocked you after not only seeing a face but as this thing that Hu tao took out flew by itself.

"Meet my friend!"

Normally, you would start shouting and run away, but with both the pain and shock that went to you after climbing this hill, numbed you from anything out of the ordinary anymore.

You blankly stared at Hu tao and the "thing" on her hand.

"Let's go!" She said.

It seems like what she was thinking was how to venture this cave without any light.

Back to the present...

At first you didn't pay that much attention to it. But as the three of you continued walking. Hu tao would suddenly talk out of nowhere. As if she was having a conversation with someone.

You felt somehow lost on how Hu Tao was able to bring out something that can talk just out from her sleeve. But you had the feeling to not bother asking someone like her for answer.

The walking continued and continued. The more you three move forward, the colder it was getting. Unconsciously, you two who had some distance from each other a while ago now stood close to each other.

You thought that maybe you two could share each other's body heat, however, Hu tao was as cold as an ice block. To the point that just by touching her hand, you felt shivers all over your body.

"Are you cold?"

She asked.

"A bit..."

You then replied.

Hu Tao then without any notice grabbed your hand, and continued walking without saying anything.

You didn't even notice the sheer cold from her hand but because of her sudden change of attitude.

Even though you two only met each other a while ago, normally, Hu Tao would excitedly talk to you while giving you everything she has to keep you warm.

You thought that maybe asking would make her confused since both of you are not that close. But the thought of leaving things as is, left you feeling uneasy.

"H-hey, wh-"

"Ah, look."