chapter 9

You stared in awe from the unbelievable sight.

"W-what?"

You turned to Hu Tao, your face demanding an answer from her. She only smiled widely in response to your expression, "I talked to the other spirits on the mountain, they all agreed to help!"

"So this is..."

"Does it remind you of anything?"

That question then occupied your head, you turned side by side around where you stood, and gasped in surprise as it hit.

(That's right, this street...)

It was exactly the day you reached the age of 10. Your mother brought you out, despite having no money nor energy. She was then only able to buy you a small toy and clothing. Something that brought you immense joy back then.

Even with all the other little girls getting luxury item, that small wooden toy gave you happiness. Before that, you watched you mother sitting down at the wood carving stall, even when her hands started getting cut, she continued carving, it was the shape of a little flower.

That was the day where you realized that your mother must truly love flowers.

As your mother was paying up, your eyes laid upon a stall full of flowers, you went up close, the seller was nowhere to be seen. You looked left and right to check if anyone was looking, once you made sure no one was looking, you grabbed the prettiest flower from the stall.

You ran up to your mother, and offered the flower to her. She looked surprised and perplexed rather than happy, which confused you as a child.

That day, she scolded you so much, she told you to bring the flower back and apologize to the seller, but once you two got there, she was the one that took all the responsibility. You only stood there at the side, wandering what you did wrong.

Hu Tao pulled you close, her hand tightly holding onto your hand.

It has been a about 45 minutes already ever since you two started looking around. You were both amazed by just how accurate everything was.