chapter 6

(I died...)

(Then, why am I...)

(A ghost?)

(I'm sure hu tao told me stuff about coffins, does she mean to exorcist me?)

(Oh yeah, hu tao...)

"Hey!"

You slowly open your eyes as the sound of Hu Tao voice echoed through your head. You then sat up from the ground you laid on and looked around you surroundings, it seems like Hu Tao moved you elsewhere, then you realized that it was pretty bright, only to see the luminating light of the moon shin upon both of you.

You clearly remembered the memories you recalled a while ago. You then turned to Hu Tao with a solemn face. She could only look with guilty eyes as she tried reverting her attention elsewhere.

"I'm dead, huh..."

"That..."

"Did you come here to get rid of me?"

"No! Of course not!"

"Why are you here then?"

"I-"

"Well, enough of that, could you come with me somewhere, and also explain to me everything?"

"Of course!"

Both of you finally found the way out of the cave with the help of the moon. You lead Hu Tao to the one place you dearly wanted to visit, the small space where you spent your final moments. Hu Tao then continously explained every single detail, that she came here because she was tasked to "dispose" of a body that has been said to hunt this place for countless of years, as they plan to renovate the mountain to a place where people can live in.

This brought a blow into your heart since in your mind from the very beginning you wandered the world in hopes of searching a cure for your mother.

She then continued to say that after meeting you, she no longer felt the need to follow those who hired her.

"You are no bad ghost, this place, how do I say this, is quite peaceful to be said that it is haunted."

You then wondered on how did people talk to you if you were dead. You asked this to Hu Tao that she answered with no second thought whatsoever.

"Those were... spirits that played along to keep you from realizing the harsh reality."

As you heard those words you turned you head side by side, only then that you realized, the feeling of something, not a bad thing, but an emotion of relief and comfort had always been in you all this time.

"Before coming up to you, I even talked to them, you seemed to have been cared dearly here."

"I didn't..."

You muttered those words, not having enough courage to believe. Questions filled you mind, 'why can't I remember?'

You understood the feeling yet no memory came upon you.

"You must be confused... you see, every spirit who stays behind must have their final wish given to them to live on, and you... your soul is trapped in this mountain, and your wish is to be with your mother, of course you would have no choice but to create some non-existential goal to continue ahead."

"Ahead? A goal? Does that even matter?"

You meant to say those words to yourself, yet it came right out of your mouth. This left Hu Tao silent, she always handled stuff about the dead, but she has never came upon a situation alike to what you have. So this was a new experience to her.

As the two of you continued talking, without even realizing, you finally reached your destination.

A/N: I disappeared for a couple of weeks so I'm finishing the story in one go besties