chapter 8

About 10 minutes had passed and your eyes are already dried up from crying, yet, Hu Tao continued to hold you tightly in her arms.

"I'm okay now..."

As you said those words, Hu Tao gently lifted her arms from you. You fiddled with your hands as both of you refused to talk. As the silence was unbearable, you decided to ask her something, that lurked inside your head ever since those memories came back.

"What will you do to my remains?"

"I've been thinking to maybe hold you a proper burial..."

You can't help but chuckle from Hu Tao's words since both of you knew well that you probably don't have any remains left inside the cave spot.

"Are you trying to comfort m-"

"No! I'm not... I really am serious about what I said..."

"How would you even do that?"

"Don't worry, I have everything undercontrol."

You then observed, Hu Tao's body language and clearly saw that she probably doesn't even know where to even start.

You once again took a deep sigh and closed your eyes to think.

"Hu Tao..."

"W-what is it?"

"Can you bury my remains underneath the tree beside my home?"

"Of course! See it done!"

"Hehe, thanks... shall we go then?"

"No!"

"E-eh?"

"Follow me!"

Hu Tao all of a sudden grabbed your hand and pulled you away from where you sat.

As you both of you ran through the wind, you only then realized that the sheer cold of the wind did not hit your body. Perhaps that was the reason why Hu Tao's hand felt so cold. It wasn't her, but you.

Hu Tao then stopped at an open area. You felt a sense of comfort as if some entity is surrounding you that which bring a sense of relief.

"Close your eyes."

As you heard that, you slowly closed your eyes.

Then suddenly,  the sound of bustling streets ringed through your ears, your eyes shot open. The bright street lamps, and the smiles of the people, welcomed you.