Twisting World

The interrogator's eyes were boring into yours, you had to grasp the edge of the desk to stop the feeling of falling, the room spun around you and you could hardly get out a word. Not because you were lacking any but because you had so many questions that tried to come out at once. The man leaned back, crossing his arms over his chest and cocked an eyebrow.

"I don't have all day," he said.

"There is nothing I can tell you, this must be a mistake, I never killed anyone," you replied, trying to keep your voice as steady as possible.

"And you expect us to just believe that despite the evidence?"

"What exactly is your evidence?"

"Your wand, you should have picked up on that by now."

His condescending tone turned fear into anger but you managed to swallow that lump, there was no need to get yourself further into trouble than you already were in.

"I can assure you, I have never and will never cast an Unforgivable Curse. Maybe the scan just came out wrong."

"Did you ever give away your wand?"

"I did not, no."

"Then it must have been you who cast it."

"I didn't! Do you think I'd willingly hand over my wand for a scan if I did?"

The man contemplated you for a minute, scratching his chin and letting out a heavy sigh.

"Get the Veritaserum," he said to his colleague behind you.

"Very well, sir," the man replied and left the office without even looking at you, still acting as if you didn't exist.

"You will see," you said, already feeling calmer now that they would force the truth out of you, you had nothing to hide.

"Yes, I will."

For several minutes you sat in silence, staring at each other as if to try to seem intimidating. When the door opened again you almost jumped, a different wizard entered with a vial filled with a clear liquid, handing it over to the interrogator.

"Anything you'd like to get off your chest before we start?," he asked, holding the vial right under your nose.

"I still have nothing to tell you."

He popped the lid open and swirled the vial.

"Are you going to drink it voluntarily?"

He didn't wait for your reply, instead held the vial up to your lips and tipped it. Since you had no intentions of fighting it you let the liquid run into your mouth and swallowed. Nothing happened, at least you didn't feel any different but the aurors didn't seem bothered by that. The interrogator pulled some parchments out from under his desk, reading it over.

"What was your relationship with Mason Griffith?"

"We dated very briefly." There it was.

"Why only briefly?"

"I already had an interest in my current boyfriend."

"When did you see Mr. Griffith last?"

"On the 13th of October."

"The day he died, convenient. Did you kill him that night?"

"No, I didn't."

He raised an eyebrow, looking at you intently.

"What happened that day then?"

"We went on a date and after that we went our separate ways, I went to my home and he to his."