The Tent

I was able to carve out more time for writing than I expected so here's the chapter much sooner than I thought. Enjoy! :)
✧*。~✧*。~✧*。~✧*。

Nothing Tom could say would satisfy you, he always made it seem like he knew things nobody else did, always had a well thought out answer. Even if he didn't share it with you sometimes.

You pulled yourself free from him and patted down your robe and the straw, then frantically digging through it.

"My wand, they still have it!"

"I fear that's lost to you now," Tom said, a frown appearing on his face. "We'll get you a new one soon but for now you'll have to stick to me."

So he was your only ticket to safety, Tom was more than capable but he also turned out to be less reliable than you thought he was which certainly didn't calm your nerves.

"Give me your wand," you said.

"What?" His head snapped towards you so quickly, you were surprised he didn't break his neck.

"You are highly skilled at wandless magic, you should be fine giving me your wand."

"I'm sorry, darling, but I won't be giving away my wand. I'd rather have it on me in case I need it."

You pouted but judging by his impassive face that wasn't going to sway him either. You'd have to go without a wand for a while.

------

It didn't surprise you that Tom didn't let you rest for longer. By Merlin, you would have needed it but he urged you on.

"There is a village not too far away, it's safer than staying here," he had explained.

At least he helped you, wrapping his arm around your waist to stabilize you. Not too far from here turned out to be a couple of hours of walking, more than once you complained and more than once he shushed you until he finally caved and let you rest leaning against a tree trunk, you were already freezing but the ground managed to chill you to the bone. If you didn't find shelter soon your body would give up.

"How far is it from here?," you asked.

"I have a camp set up about one kilometer from here, we will stay there until tomorrow first light, we should arrive by noon."

And so, after a break way too short for your taste, he led you the rest of the way until you reached a little clearing covered by mud and leafs that have been rotting here since they turnt yellow, orange, red and brown and fell from the tall trees a few months ago.

"Here we are," he said.

"This is no camp," you replied, voice stuck in your throat as you fought back the utter misery.

Tom took your hand and guided you onto the clearing. As you passed through an invisible membrane, a tent came into view where a second before there was nothing. 

"Nobody who isn't with me will be able to penetrate those protection spells," Tom explained as he pulled one of the tent flaps aside and motioned for you to step in.

The inside was as big as your living room and it was wonderfully warm. In the middle was a little fire securely inside a glass and around it a few cushions, in one corner of the tent was a cooking nook, in the other a pile of blankets and pillows.