Chapter 2

much to my dismay, the next few days i don't see yeonjun again

much to my dismay, the next few days i don't see yeonjun again. i don't know why i'm so disappointed, he's basically a stranger, all i know is his name. yet here i am, secretly longing to bump into him once again. little did i know that our next meeting was just around the corner. no, literally right around the corner. As i turned the corner on my usual route home, i am met with the full force of someone running straight into me. they manage to grab me just before i tumble to the floor and i'm grateful. i look up at the person to see the man i had been waiting for, facing me.

"yeona, what a nice surprise!"

he says while anxiously glancing around

"yea it's really good to see you too"

i reply, smiling up at him.

"look do you mind coming with me elsewhere to finish this conversation?"

he asks me hurriedly and i look at him confused

"no time to explain, just follow me okay?"

"but i've got to get home-"

"just run okay, oh shit, fucking run!"

i see what he's spotted, a middle aged man, apron bellowing out behind him, as he comes running towards us, shouting cusses left, right and centre. yeonjun takes my hand and runs in the direction i had just come, his laughter ringing in my ears and i can't help but join in. we keep running until we end up at a small park that i've never seen before. once he's sure that we're safe, he pulls me down to sit on the grass with him.

"sorry bout that back there, not the best 3rd impression"

he chuckles while scratching the back of his neck. i laugh along

"maybe not the most practical but certainly memorable"

"here um want some ramen?"

he hands me a box of ramen and i cautiously accept

"it's okay, i haven't drugged em or anything, i just wanna get to know you or whatever"

he says while looking away slightly but looking back just as quick.

"haha well i'd like to get to know you too, or whatever"

i mimicked his words, making him chuckle. we both tuck into our ramen and sit in comfortable silence, the occasional slurp coming from either of us

"wow this ramen is really good! where did you get it from??"

he smiles awkwardly before starting his explanation.

"well they're from that new noodle bar in town, but i'm afraid i don't think i can get you anymore, if you know what i mean..."

he trailed off but i knew what he was getting at.

"you stole?? but why?"

he looks down in shame but when he looks back at me, i give him a soft smile to show i wasn't angry or disappointed in him.

"well i couldn't afford it, and i just fancied trying it i guess"

he shrugged it off casually like it was nothing.

"it's getting dark, you should probably be getting back"

i look at my phone and see the time

"oh shit yeah, my parents are probably wondering where i am"

i say as i get up from the floor and brush my self off. yeonjun mirrors my actions

"i'll walk you home if you want, scare off any strangers"

"oh no it's alright, i wouldn't want to trouble you like that"

"no it's fine seriously, i'd feel much better if i knew you got home safe"

he reassures me, and even though we barely know eachother, i got a small bubble of butterflies in my stomach at those words, and i can't help but shivering in fear at the unfamiliar feeling.

"oh okay yea, let's go then"

we walk home in silence, side by side. not awkward but again quite comfortable. when we get to the end of my street, we part ways, so as not to get my parents suspicious. he stands at the top of the road watching me walk to my home. i turn around and give him one last wave before entering my house and closing the door behind me, leaving him standing alone on the corner of my road.

 i turn around and give him one last wave before entering my house and closing the door behind me, leaving him standing alone on the corner of my road