Chapter 8

he leaves me in the bathroom to get washed up and changed into my sleepwear while he takes the rest of my things into his room

he leaves me in the bathroom to get washed up and changed into my sleepwear while he takes the rest of my things into his room. i click the door open and walk towards to his room and quietly knock on the door. he immediately answers and i walk in. he's straightening the bed covers and placing my pillow atop the mattress, making it comfy for me to sleep on. he points at the opposite side and i crawl under the covers, getting cosy.

'you can sleep here, i'll sleep on the sofa'

I grab his arm as he's about to leave and he looks at me curiously.

'no this is your house, you shouldn't sleep on the sofa, that's uncomfortable'

he shakes his head

'no no it's fine and besides where will you sleep, we've never slept together and i don't want you to feel awkward'

'no please sleep here with me, i don't want to be alone'

i look at him with sad eyes, the hurt of being kicked out from the house i'd grown up in, finally starting to kick in again.

'okay only if your sure'

I nodded as he layed down beside me, face up, staring at the ceiling. he stretched his arm out and i immediately scooted closer to wrap my arms round his torso and snuggle up to his side. we lay in comfortable silence for a moment before yeonjun speaks up

'you know that day i brought us ramen, the day we first hung out together at the park?'

i nodded, signalling him to continue.

'i didn't just take it because i was interested to try it, i got because i'd seen you on your walks home staring into that shop and i wanted to get it for you. i'd seen you a couple of times but i had been to nervous to start proper conversation and i couldn't afford it, so i stole after gathering up the courage to talk with you. but i got seen and just bolted hoping i'd reach you before getting caught. lucky i did, else i wouldn't be here with the most beautiful girl on the planet'

you stared at him with wide eyes as he confessed the truth of your first real interaction, one you remember well. it feels so long ago now, and you realise how much you've changed since that time.

'haha if you'd told me that back then, i would have scolded you for being so careless'

he chuckles, knowing i was right.

'but i realise now that no matter what we've been through together, it doesn't matter because we have eachother forever and i'm the luckiest girl in the universe to been able to fall in love with you junnie, and i can't have wished for a more perfect person to fall for'

i can't help the tears welling up in my eyes as i confess my true feelings.

"what did you call me?"

he askes, a glint in his eye and a smirk now resting across his face. i pull back from his chest slightly to see his face better, confused at the sudden question after such a serious confession.

"junnie?"

"yea that's it, i like that, keep calling me that"

I laugh and he just smiles at me. he turns over onto his side and wraps his arms right around me as i snuggle into him feeling a wave of tired crash over me after the eventful evening.

'i love you my junnie'

i whisper, eyes flickering closed.

'i love you much more, yeona"

he rests his head atop mine and together we loose ourselves to the land of dreams.