Chapter 10

i finally feel free

i finally feel free. after my father kicked me out of the house, i no longer have to worry about the constant fear of being caught by my parents. there's nothing stopping from letting loose completely. i stopped going to studies and instead dedicated my entire life living freely with yeonjun, and i've never been so happy. the crackle of flames harmonizes with the sound of the paint i'm spraying on the bridge pillars. i spray the colours in different directions, creating a masterpiece just for us. yeonjun is sat beside the small bonfire we lit to counter the cool autumn breeze. he looks perfect, the orange glow surrounding him, making him look like some otherworldly being. i realize i've been staring for a while as he has turned and now looking back at me. i blush at the fact i was caught staring and go back to finish my work. a few minutes later i feel his arms wrap around my stomach from behind, holding me close to his body as he rests his head on my shoulder, cheek squished against mine. i giggle and turn to place a light kiss on his cheek and i see him smile. i shake the can, painting the last bit of my picture. when i'm content, i drop the can to my feet and step back to admire it fully, yeonjun shuffling backwards as well so i don't stand on his feet. i smile widely, pride filling my veins as i stare at the painted skateboard, the word loser written across it, just the same as the lighter yeonjun gave me the first time we met.

"it's beautiful baby, but i think something is missing"

he says, staring me straight in the eye. he picks up the can of red paint and across the 's' he sprays the letter 'v' changing it to lover. he looks over his shoulder at me and i can't help reflecting the same goofy smile adorning his features.

"much better if I do say so myself"

he chuckles as he holds round my waist and spins me around lightly. i laugh uncontrollably in his arms as my own wrap tightly round his neck, pulling myself even closer towards him.

"it looks perfect"

we were lost in our world until we heard voices way to close by, and the sudden light of torches.

"quick run"

he said before stuffing the cans in his backpack and running off into the night, me following just behind. we scream and laugh into the darkness all the way home where we finally stop and catch our breaths. the sudden adrenaline rush slowly dying down as we falling onto our bed and under the covers, not even bothering to change our clothes. it's only then that i realize i'm missing the lighter. i pat my pockets worried as it dawns on me, i left it beside the fire and forgot to pick it up.

"nevermind darling, in truth i gave you that lighter as reminder of me, incase we never saw eachother again. now look at us, together forever! you no longer need to be reminded of me, i can do that myself"

he gazes down at me lovingly and i snuggle further into his chest, grateful for his comfort.

"i know, i just really loved it, i guess. but now this means you've got to stay around with me always"

he chuckles

"i was planning on doing that anyway, ain't nothing you do gonna get rid of me, your stuck with this"

he points at himself and i laugh with him

"well theres no one i'd rather be stuck with"

i whisper before drifting off to sleep in his arms, hoping to meet in dreams.