Chapter 7

i get out the taxi and thank the driver once again, and walk over to the door of yeonjun's house

i get out the taxi and thank the driver once again, and walk over to the door of yeonjun's house. i go to knock on the door as i realise the situation. how i look, the fact that i didn't ask, just turned up on his doorstep, bags in hand. would he even let me stay? what if he was just how my father described him? before i even have anymore time to doubt myself, i knock on the door and almost instantly hear someone coming to answer. the door flings open to reveal yeonjun and before i can stop myself, i fall into his arms.

"woah woah, yeona what's wrong, what happened?"

he asks fast as he grabs at the bags i'd dropped on the floor and pulls me inside, arm still secured around my waist.

"my father kicked me out. he found out about us and kicked me out"

tears were running freely down my cheeks at this point but i didn't care. yeonjun gently held my cheeks and began to wipe my tears away with the pads of his thumbs.

"shush, shush. it's okay, you're here with me now, i'm here now"

he whispers while looking lovingly towards me.

"it's okay, you can stay here, for as long as you want, for forever if you want, you can stay with me forever"

he pulls me back into a soft hug, and for once in as long as i can remember, i finally feel safe at home.