Chapter 4 A Grinning Devil

Chibi A/N: I swear to god if that is a reference to the Joker...

A/N: It's not don't worry, but it is telling!

Chibi A/N: Oh really? Who is gonna pop up that is deserving of the title "Devil"?

A/N: "Him".

Chibi A/N: What?

A/N: "Him"!

Chibi A/N: Wait you don't mean... Isn't it a bit easier to show "Him" later?

A/N: To be completely honest it's probably past due by this point for me. After all, he isn't just gonna be in this story.

Chibi A/N: Well yeah of course, but why Reveal him here? Why not reveal him when (Y/N) gets back to the Citadel?

A/N: As much as I want to I feel like he's just gonna do it for me anyway so I might as well bite the bullet.

Chibi A/N: Fair enough. He is an asshole like that after all.

A/N: True, but enough Teasing the reader already. Let get to the story!

While you and your team were on a mission Garrua was trying to find any info on her original quarry before she was dragged into fighting off a cult and save a missing girl, she was trying to get any kind of dirt on Saren. However, C-sec was stonewalling her at every turn and the worst part is that she had no idea if you were alive or not, but she has a feeling you were not the type of person to go down to some Super Cultists without a fight. " I hope that Human is still kicking. Could use his help right about now... " She thought as she entered a rather empty part of the Citadel... Which was odd seeing as it's supposed to be rather busy at this hour. However, before she could look around to see if anyone was trying to use this opportunity to rob, kidnap, or just flat out kill her a voice echoed from behind her.

???: You lost? Or are you looking for something?

Garrua felt an unpleasant chill run as the man's tone was brimming with a strange wicked energy and when she turned around she was met with an odd sight. Standing in front of her was a rather rough-looking man with long wiry dirty blond hair and a stubble. His skin was somewhat pale from what she can see underneath his ragged shirt and his slightly torn jacket and dirty jeans which were tucked under some worn-out boots. However, the worst part is his eyes which had this unnatural green hue, and they were filled with an unspeakable feeling of madness and distan, for what she doesn't know. All she knows is that this mad man is grinning like a devil and is most likely Very dangerous.

Garrua: Who the hell are you?

She asked ready to draw her pistol should the need arise, but the crazed individual chuckled as he found her a little amusing.

Hunter: I go by many names, but the one most people call me is Hunter and you're right not to trust me. After all, I'm not your friend or an ally...

Garrua drew her pistol and aimed it at him, but she refrained from putting a bullet in his head as he may know something about Saren she doesn't. However, despite having a gun to his head Hunter seems unfazed by this.

Garrua: I thought bad guys were supposed to lie to the people they're trying to kill, but I guess you're an exception to the rule. Now-

She was suddenly cut off before she could ask if he was working for or with Saren by the crazed man's laugh.