Chapter 5 Bad News

(So I have no goddamn idea what happened. For those of you who don't know this chapter was prematurely released for some ungodly reason. No seriously. All I did what plug my phone up and set it down. Idk how it just decided to up and post. Sorry if this is gonna be a bit on the short side, but it was posted early and even though I planned on it being longer I can't leave you guys hanging. But enough about me ranting. Oh and no A/N and Chibi A/N intro this time. Let's get the story started!)

(P.S, Wattpad really likes this space for some reason. It keeps popping up every time I save.)

You began to wake up in the Normandy's sickbay after experiencing those strange visions from the Beacon. Soon you heard a familiar voice speak as you began to sit up.

Ashly: Doctor? Doctor Chakwas! I think he's waking up.

As you sit up from the medical bed you pitch the bridge of your nose as you still had a headache. Although not as severely when the Beacon was shoving jibberish into your skull.

Chakwas: You had us worried there Shepard. How are you feeling?

She asked while walking over to you noticing hanging your head like someone with a hangover. Though with what you experienced she's surprised you didn't wake up screaming in pain.

(Y/N): Feels worse than the time I realized my Dad wasn't coming back with a pack of cigarettes and a jug of milk, but I'll manage.

You heard someone snicker in the background and you watch as Ashly gives Destry a Death Glare. Destry acted like he was clearing his throat before speaking.

Destry: Sorry. Just found it funny is all.

Ashly rolled her eyes as Chakwas continued the conversation.

Chakwas: Good. You were out for fifteen hours. Something happened down there with the beacon, I think.

As soon as the good Docter finished saying this Ashly took the opportunity to apologize.

Ashly: It was my fault. I must have triggered a security field when I approached it. You had to push me out of the way.

You took a few seconds to think and you ultimately decided that she couldn't have known what would happen if she approached it. Hell, you didn't even know what would have happened, otherwise, you'd tell them to hang back.

(Y/N): You had no way to know what would happen.

You said with a somewhat groggy tone... Which caused Ashly to glace to the side with a smile on her face. Destry glanced at her with a confused expression considering all You did was tell her it wasn't her fault. But that was beside the point.

Chakwas: Actually we don't even know if that's was set it off. Unfortunately, we'll never get the chance to find out.

Ashly then continued the conversation as Destry checks the abnormal readings they got while you were knocked out.

Ashly: The Beacon exploded. A system overload, maybe. The blast knocked you cold. The Lieutenant and I carried you back to the ship.

Well, that first bit was going to be... Problematic to say the least. The Council isn't going to like this one bit. Still better than dying though.

(Y/N): I appreciate it.

Ashly smiled when you said that and even Chakwas was starting to roll her eyes slightly at how quickly she's liking the commander. Not that you weren't a good choice, but it made a light-speed jump look tame in comparison. Though she guesses she knows what she wants.