Chapter 6 Duel in The Cort of Fools

Chibi A/N: Ah yes... The dumbasses that somehow rule the galaxy. Seriously how the hell did they not get fucked by Corrupt Politicians?

Fem A/N: Eh, They probably view the seat of the Council as a big spotlight that they want to avoid. Sure you have all that power, but you also have all of the Galaxy's attention as well. So it's best to let the biggest Idiots run the whole show. After all, they're too busy to worry about other things while you go about doing your Unlawful deeds. The Council won't give a shit unless it's right there in their face, after all.

Chibi A/N:...So... We're ditching the fact the Council knows-

Fem A/N: Oh they know. They just don't give a rat's ass unless there's irrefutable evidence he's a Dick Head.

Chibi A/N: But what about-

Fem A/N: You do know they have a track record of deceiving their own Subordinates, Right?

Chibi A/N: You're just not having anyone's shit today aren't you?

Fem A/N: No I am not. Let's begin before I give you a Colonoscopy with a Baseball bat covered in razors.

Chibi A/N: O-ok...

You walk out of the Med Bay to see two of the ground team doing their own thing. Ashley was leaning on a wall seemingly with a little chip on her shoulder while Kaiden was chatting with Destry. " Probably should talk to Ashley. It seems I might have rubbed her the wrong way. " you thought before walking up to her which prompted Ashley to initiate a dialog before you could.

Ashley: Hey commander. After what happened to Jenkins. The crew could use some good news.

She stated in a predictably angered tone, not that she wanted anything bad to happen to you. " Yeah, she's still pissed. " you mentally stated.

Y/N: I get the feeling you are not too happy with me yelling at you like a drill sergeant. I'm sorry, it's a force of habit. I often did that to grunts at C-sec.

Ashley sighed as she had already come to terms with why she got yelled at back on Eden Prime.

Ashley: I get why you did it and I don't hold a grudge against you.

You crossed your arms and raised your brow with a cheeky smile. Ashley rolled her eyes as she knew what you were going to say before you were going to say it, so she just beat you to the punch.

Ashley: Ok I don't hold a grudge against you now after your apology. Though it was still nice of you to even do that when you didn't have to.

She said with a nicer tone. You could tell she still had something else on her mind. How could she not after what she experienced on Eden Prime?

Y/N: How are you holding up? It got more than a bit hectic there.

Ash looked slightly uncomfortable as you could tell she still had the images of not only her dead friends but also innocent civilians as well. It's a look you are familiar with from investigating a grizzly case with a serial killer from young officers and less jaded officers.

Ashley: I've seen friends die before. It comes with being a Marine. But to see your whole unit wiped out...

She paused to take a breath before continuing as Destry headed over to Dr. Chakras after wrapping up his talk with Kaiden.