Present

"Yes, I'm heading out now. Where can I find it?" Bo Young half screamed into the mouthpiece of her phone that was sandwiched between her cheek and her left shoulder, as she frantically secured the padlock on the door buckle of her perfume shop. "Okay. I'll call you right back when I get home."

She then put her phone in her bag and ran like crazy to the next block.

Of all the days that her best friend had to be in Busan, why did it have to be today when it was her favorite artist's fanmeet?

So Youngie was tasked to go home and find Do Hyun's favorite picture of this jazz singer that she just could not shut up about since this morning, after learning about the said event. Oddly enough, Youngie couldn't seem to recall the last time Do Hyun ever talked about him since the accident. Or was this the first time she had ever mentioned him to her?

The truth was that there was no way for Youngie to tell. Do Hyun had decided to keep their TV in her bedroom since Youngie got discharged from the hospital, banning all sorts of media and entertainment in their home. They had even stopped listening to live radio and the only songs they listened to together were those that Youngie could recall, while she had no idea what other songs Do Hyun listened to on her own. But she had complied to all the house rules Do Hyn had set that would help alleviate the aftermath of her accident. She didn't want to see Do Hyun cry hysterically ever again, after watching her deal with the worst panic attacks of her life during the first months of her recovery.

They were basically two young people living in modern times but stuck in an epoch where they couldn't take advantage of the technology that most people their age enjoyed. So as Youngie's life could only be deemed liveable with routines getting obsolete with time, Do Hyun had to play the role of the link that concatenated their varying versions of the present.

Although grateful that Do Hyun had stuck with her all this time, Youngie had always felt a pang of guilt for dragging her best friend into her doomed life. So when the opportunity to show her utmost appreciation for Do Hyun's efforts presented itself, Youngie did not hesitate to brave the risk of severe panic attacks, if it meant she would be able to get that autograph from Do Hyun's favorite jazz singer. 

Do Hyun didn't ask her but Youngie insisted on going to the fanmeet event on her behalf as an advanced birthday gift. In fact, Do Hyun was utterly against the idea, worried that the crowd would mess up her memory even more, but still she insisted,  determined to get that autograph for her best friend. 

When she reached their home 10 minutes later, Youngie bolted to Do Hyun's room and immediately dialed her number. Do Hyun instructed her to search in the top most drawer of her dresser where she found a black and white picture of a man in a black lace long sleeved top, sporting a bowl haircut and heavy eyeliner. She nearly died laughing at the sight of what she thought was the most unflattering haircut any grown man could wear. She couldn't believe she would have to ask for this man's autograph on her best friend's behalf.