Edge

‼️WARNING‼️

Contains mature material not suitable for young audiences.

⚠️18+ Only

⚠️Please proceed at your own risk. ⚠️

__________________________________________________

Colors. Bursts of vibrant shades and flashy lights. An array of shiny things and glimmering backdrops.

Then suddenly, it all went bleak.

To Soo Hyuk, that fateful night felt exactly like this, when he opened the door of his sister's room and found her unconscious while seated in front of her desk, with her head lying on her right arm —an image that would haunt him until his dying day.

He  just came from a photoshoot that night and wanted to surprise his dear sister with a signed copy of a yet unreleased issue of a competitor's magazine which featured SIG in its music section. But even after several minutes of knocking, his sister just would not respond. So he had to scour through his drawers to find his spare key to open the door.

—only to find her in that state.

Beside his sister's head lay a book that was still open at some random page and next to it was a pen and a journal with a torn off page sticking out the fore edge. Her unlocked phone was on the floor right under the tips of the fingers of her left hand that dangled on her side.

Alarm started blaring in Soo Hyuk's head as soon as he laid eyes on the medicine bottle that seemed to have rolled to the edge of the table, about a hair's breadth from falling on the floor. He knew what kind of pills were kept in that bottle so he quickly called the emergency hotline as he raced to his sister's aid to check for a pulse.

It was no secret to him how much his sister still loved SIG despite how badly it broke her heart when the jazz singer expressed his disinterest in pursuing a relationship with her after only a couple of dates. And worse, she had to be banned from his shows for causing a scene in one of his fanmeet events a few weeks back. But it never occurred to him just how badly it took a toll on his poor sister's mental condition.

Soo Hyuk moved heaven and earth for the scandal to not make it to mainstream media by using his connections in every sector of the industry to protect both his sister and her beloved jazz singer's reputation.

But now he found her pale and almost lifeless in a room filled with every little attestation of her undying love for SIG.

Why did you do this? He kept yelling and wailing as he desperately tried to wake her up while clutching her cold body in his arms, wondering how he could have missed all the signs that she was slipping away.