Cold

Panic stricken and terrified, Do Hyun tried to keep calm as she gave Youngie's description and details to the police officer while she filed for a missing person report.

It had been hours since Youngie had excused herself to go to the bathroom of the theater. Why she didn't notice that Youngie left her purse in her seat was beyond her.

After completing the report, Do Hyun was told to go and to just wait for an update from the officer who was assigned to the case. Knowing that there wasn't much she could do but wait, she begrudgingly left the police station and went back to the hotel.

When she took her phone from her coat pocket, she immediately noticed the calls from Lee Soo Hyuk that she had missed. She wondered why he was calling her so late when it was a rule he had imposed himself not to contact each other outside of work hours. Could it have been an emergency?

She decided to just send a text message to ask instead of calling him back. She wasn't in the right condition to talk anyway, given the situation she was in.

A few minutes later, Soo Hyuk responded with 'Nevermind. I got it fixed.'

So she threw her phone to the bed out of frustration.

Where are you, Youngie?

____________________________________________________

Where are you, Inguk-ssi? It's so cold out here, Youngie muttered to herself as she hunkered at the Bistro's front step while hugging her knees.

She had been sitting here for the past two hours, watching every person who walked into the building, hoping one of them was SIG. But she had no other choice but to wait here like a homeless person, because the security was really tight and they wouldn't let her in without any identification.

It made her wonder if she really lived there. Because if she did, how come the guards didn't recognize her?

But it was the only home that her defective memory could recall. While she waited, more fragments came back to her, and each one had either SIG or this place in it.

She remembered how they shared a meal together and how they held hands as they strolled by the river in Gangnam. She remembered how he smelled while he held her in his arms while wishing her a happy birthday. She remembered how he looked at her affectionately while asking her to stay with him.

But she couldn't remember why he was asking her to stay. Were they lovers? Were they living together? Did she break up with him?

She had about a million other questions in her head. But right now she was more worried that it could snow any moment as the bite of the slowly approaching winter breeze already seeped through her coat.

How much longer would she have to wait before the only person she could recognize would come? She only got sleepier by the minute and now her legs seemed to have beat her to it. So she tried to stand up to allow her blood to circulate properly, and because both of her legs were asleep, she tripped over her own foot and stumbled.

Thankfully, a firm grip on her right arm broke her fall, then yanked her right up with a forceful tug while a hand snaked around her back to support her. Youngie recognized the man right away when she looked up to see his face.

 Youngie recognized the man right away when she looked up to see his face