Scents

"Youngie, wait," SIG blurted and grabbed her by the wrist rather firmly. He panicked at the thought that he could've hurt her with that sudden tug by the way she was instantly yanked back. So he slightly loosened his agitated grip around her hand but kept holding it. "There's something I need to tell you."

Youngie turned to him squarely with an anxious expression on her face. The way his fingers lightly trembled around her wrist wasn't lost on her.

"Myowa? You're making me nervous."

SIG then took a step closer without letting go of her hand. He wanted to hold her in close proximity, afraid that his next words would drive her away. He did not know if he could take that, and he was scared that he would lose his breath if it happened.

"I love you, Youngie," he started shakily but his eyes were set on her.

This time he took her other hand, too, if only to anchor her more closely and securely in the same space as the air he breathed

This time he took her other hand, too, if only to anchor her more closely and securely in the same space as the air he breathed. Because he needed this. He needed her to know that despite their complicated situation and the nexus of unintended lies that trapped them in it, this one thing had been true since the beginning. That he loved her. He truly did.

Youngie sensed the disquiet in his touch so she mended the gap by interlacing her fingers with his. She was too stunned to say anything yet, but she had half a mind to let him know that she heard him. That she understood.

The tentative grip became a little more certain now and SIG didn't feel the need to avert his gaze anymore. Because right now, he meant every word, and sincerity gave him courage to meet her eyes.

"From the first time that we met, I couldn't help myself from falling in love with you," SIG continued, miraculously not missing a beat. "I need you to know that I love you, Youngie. I really do. I hope you never forget that."

"Ya. It's too early to make me cry," Youngie finally broke her silence with a sniff then leaned in.

Youngie then wrapped her arms around SIG and buried her face in his chest. Her reaction only made it more difficult for SIG to carry out his initial intent to tell her the truth about their relationship. How could he even tell her now that there was no relationship to begin with?