Resonance

Since the beginning of winter, the bistro had seen some of its busiest days this year. The lines never seemed to end, and the front of the house was always filled with customers. But no matter how crowded it got, one window table remained empty. The reserved sign had successfully kept people at bay, except for when Do Hyun came every morning this week to get her double shot of espresso.

This Saturday morning was no different. Customers were all lined up, eager to get a hold of their hot beverage to beat the cold. Tae Oh manned the counter to allow some of the staff members to take a break. He had already mastered his customer service smile that his staff had always made fun of because of how animated and actorly it looked. Now they made fun of it for a different reason. As what one of his crew members pointed out - his sincere smile followed a strict schedule lately. Because he would put on his sincerest smile only in the morning, whenever the pretty lady who always wore white walked into the establishment to get her double shot of espresso.

However, she didn't come this morning to get her favorite drink. Tae Oh managed to keep his curiosity at bay only until lunch time and after that, he sent a text message to Do Hyun to ask if she was coming to the bistro today. But until now, he was still waiting for a response.

After ringing up the next customer in line, Tae Oh asked one of his staff members to take over the counter and went to his office to take a short break.

As he checked his phone again, he realized that he got a chat message from Ingukie saying 'he did as you said and seemed pretty happy with his decision'

It's about time he responds to his Hyung, he snorted, then typed: "Took you a day, you little rascal."

Truth was he had been waiting for Ingukie's response since he left the bistro yesterday morning. It had been exactly a week since he saw his little brother and by some miracle, he finally dropped by the bistro to grab some breakfast - yes for two, again- and had a little chat with him while he prepared two slices of amaretto cake and the rest of his order in his workstation in the kitchen.

He couldn't help but notice the glow in SIG's face and how exceptionally exuberant he looked, unlike when they last saw each other before he bolted out of the kitchen.

What was more interesting was how SIG brought up the foreign drama series again.

" The one with that unbelievable cliffhanger that you could not wait to see the next episode?" Tae oh asked derisively.

But when SIG told him the next scenes in the next episode, he already knew that he was talking about himself and the mysterious woman in his suite. He wanted to laugh at how poorly his little brother attempted to make it sound like an actual show and even exaggerated the plot with memory loss and such. He even asked him if he knew anyone with amnesia and they ended up looking back on the days of SIG's piano lessons with his old teacher.

"Do you know anyone with amnesia?"

"Mwo? That's so random. Why do you ask?"

"Just curious. Do you know anyone? Is it a real condition?"