Chapter 53

Chapter 53:

Brooklyn's POV:

I groaned and got up on my hands and knees. Blood was everywhere and stones from the walls had fallen. My head and face was throbbing, scratch that my whole body was throbbing.

I looked up to see Veronica holding Ryder by his arm. His body dangled in the air and by the looks of it, his shoulder was dislocated. I growled angrily and shifted quickly and easily. There was a commotion of fighting around them so she didn't hear me when I ran up and levelled her to the ground. She let go of Ryder and she slammed against the ground hard.

I sat up and dug at her chest but her skin was tough and she was able to pry me off. She sent me flying back into the wall again. I hit it with a large impacted force and I growled in pain. She stood back up and stared at me warningly and I growled harshly at her.

"The she wolf wants to play." She chuckled. I ran towards her and pretended I was fighting Ryder. Someone big like her would be a little bit slower with their movements. I wrapped my body around her torso and grabbed one of her wings and pulled. She let out a loud pained scream as I fully pulled a wing from her back. The sticky goo got on me and I almost vomited but I kept it down.

I tossed the wing away and grabbed her arm pulling it back. She hooked out my leg and dug her nails deep inside my thigh. I felt the hard nails rub against my muscles harshly. I grimaced and used my power to wrap my arms around her neck and to slam her back into the ground. She was chest up so I was able to grab her head and twist and pull.

Her head dislocated from her body and the whole room stopped. Demons, vampires and werewolves stopped fighting and stared at her decapitated head. Every single demon shifted into human form and got down on one knee.

Veronica's right hand approached me.

"A demons oath. Defeat our leader and we will not pursue this fight any longer. We will stop. Peacefully." He vowed.

A demons oath was sacred. If they broke it then they would be casted back to hell and unable to live in reality.

"You will leave our races alone and the Snow elves?" I asked shifting back.

"We promise." He said hitting his fist over his heart and bowing.

"Then we are done here." Ryder said getting up and wiping the blood from his mouth. I nodded and we left returning to the forest.

"Breaking a demons oath would send them back to hell. They want to live in this world so they won't break that promise." Sam explained to Joey.

"So they won't hurt Ella, right?" She asked hesitantly. I shook my head no and she sighed happily.

"Thank God." she said happily. I smiled and looked down at Veronica's wing in my hand.

"Did you really have to bring that with you?" Andrew asked disgusted.

"I'm going to frame it. It is not everyday that a rookie comes in and defeats the queen of demons." I said proudly and Ryder smiled.

"I'm just glad it's over. We can go back to being normal...in our own way." Andrew said happily as we made it to the clearing. I wiped the blood under my nose and breathed heavily. I think my nose was broken. But honestly right now I was actually excited for some kangaroo care.

As we stepped through Ella was waiting on the steps and her eyes lit up.

"Mom! Dad!" She yelled getting up and running down. I bent down an hugged her tightly and kissed her head.

"I told you we would come back." I smiled. She observed the cuts on our faces and she touched her hand to us. They quickly healed up and I smiled.

"Your nose is broken, along with one rib and your quadricep is torn." She said.

"How do you know what a quadricep is? Your seven!" I laughed.

"With a mind of a thirteen to fourteen year old." She grinned. She looked to Ryder and he lifted her with his one arm.

"Your shoulder is dislocated and ad your upper arm is broken." She said and he rolled his eyes.

"You are growing too fast." He said sadly. He let her down and we went inside to get all cleaned up.

----
The rest of the day was spent with the little ones who were growing too fast as well. Already they were smiling and giggling. They didn't need kangaroo care so we just sat on the couch. Spencer was laying against my chest eating my hair while Ryder had Jax in his office with him. Ella and Andrew were playing with Tessa, Ryan and Connor.

I got up and left Spencer with them and went to Ryder's office. He was on the phone doing work with Jax sitting on his lap and staring at the computer. I walked around to see a brightly coloured show on for him and I laughed. I sat on the couch and sighed tiredly.

"Alright, sounds good. I will talk to you later, Carver." He said hanging up. He set his phone down and turned to me.

"What's up?" he asked.

"What now?" I inquired.

"What now mommy says." He cooed picking Jax up.

"Now. We focus on Ella and the Snow elves. I imagine they are going to want her to be queen when she is of age." He said.

"What will they do now with no ruler?" I asked.

"Rebuild. They have a small population. I spoke to a man named Clarence, he said that he would look over everything until she is eighteen."

"So once she is eighteen she is gone?" I asked.

"Not necessarily. She can go to school and she will always be our daughter." He said and I sighed.

"Brooklyn, it is a long time from now."

Trust me Ryder these next years will fly by." I said. He began whispering in Jaxon's ear and he giggled. I laughed rolling my eyes and he got up and sat next to me on the couch. Ryder handed him something and I looked down.

"What have you got there mister?" I asked I pulled away his little fingers and stared at a diamond encrusted band with a large white diamond in the middle.

"To my princess love Ryder." I read softly. I felt tears come from my eyes as I placed it on my finger.

"Why are you crying?" He asked worriedly.

"If you don't want to marry me you don't have to." He said sadly.

"They are happy tears. Shut up." I said hugging him tightly.

"Is that a yes?" He asked.

"Yes I will marry you." I said carefully wiping my eyes. I didn't want to bother my nose.

"Good, because I actually would not have taken no for an answer." He grinned pressing his lips to mine.

AN:

And that is the end for the first book. Their will be a sequel coming out later today so stay tuned and make sure you comment vote and give me a follow. I will post a message to my followers when the second book is up. So you have to be following me to know when the next book is up.