Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

Brooklyn's POV:

The Snowelf was still asleep and it was time to go get Ella. I left on my track pants and blue long sleeve while Ryder was still dressed fancy.

"You're not changing?" He asked opening the door for me.

"Nope. Take it or leave it." I chirped skipping past him. I got into his car and we drove off to the school. We pulled up along with all the other cars and got out and walked up the front steps. As soon as we stepped in we got a bunch of looks, well I got a bunch of looks and I just smiled as Ryder looked ahead. We walked to Emily and she took in my attire.

"Ella?" She called. Ella came running out with a huge grin on her face.

"Mom, dad!" She said happily and ran into my arms. I was kind of shocked at what she called me and I look to Ryder who just smiled.

"See you tomorrow. Bye Ryder." Emily said.

"Bye Emma." I called over my shoulder.

"Bye Ryder's assistant." Oh that was a good one. I was going to beat her ass tomorrow.

"Why do you do these things?" He laughed taking Ella from my arms.

"Because I enjoy it." I said. We drove home and Andrew called us into the infirmary. The Snow elf was awake and sitting up rubbing his head. Ryder stepped in and made his presence known.

"What is your name?" He asked forcefully.

"Xavier?" Someone asked. I turned and Ella stared wide eyed at him.

"Ella?" He said disbelieved she ran to him and he scooped her up into his arms.

"I am so glad you are okay." He breathed holding her head.

"Where is mom and dad?" She asked. He stared at her sadly and she began crying. She looked over to me and held out her arms and I took her as she cried into my shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay sweetheart." I whispered smoothing down her hair.

"Where did you find her?" Xavier asked.

"In the bushes outside. What happened to you?" I asked.

"There was a band of us. I was with her parents when vampires attacked. I told her to run." He said.

"What is happening exactly? I thought Snow elves were extinct?" Ryder asked.

"No. When we had our war with the vampires we escaped to a small realm where no one could enter. However our veil broke. Vampires slipped in and attacked. We pooled into the werewolf realm because we figured the vampires wouldn't step foot in here. But they did." He explained. The veil was a magical barrier that realms put up. If the veil tears then it is useless and anyone come in. It is an invisible force that stops mythical creatures like us from getting in.

"How did you survive against the vampires?" Andrew asked.

"They struck a blow to my head. I should have died but I was blessed with healing magic." He said clasping his hands. A small blue orb appeared around them. Snow elves received gifts like that when they reached a certain age. It was like the first shift for werewolves.

"Do you know of any other elves?" Ryder asked.

"Many of us are still alive. Some in the human world, others with the mages and so forth."

"But why are the vampires hunting you? I thought you were allies?" Ryder asked.

"We were until one of our elders created a...concoction." He said hesitantly.

"What sort of 'concoction'?" Ryder pressed on.

"It was used as a way out incase things got bad with the vampires. It is a potion to take away their vampirism and make them into humans, except if they are five hundred years old in this world then they are five hundred years old in the human world. It is basically a potion to kill the elders and weaken the younger ones." He explained.

"And they found out." I finished.

"Exactly. They had a spy amongst us an he said that we were planning to kill them but really it was a safety precaution."

"So they are looking for that potion." Ryder said.

"Yes."

"And where is it?" He asked. Xavier went into his bag and pulled out a small vile with purple liquid.

"Right here." He said.

"That will turn all the vampires back?" Andrew asked disbelieved.

"Once amplified into a spell it could be used against billions of them." Xavier said.

"Do the vampires know you have it?" Ryder asked.

"I don't think so." Ryder turned and sighed.

"We are caught in the middle. Snow elves are on our land which is fine but vampires are not allowed on here. and we aren't allowed in their realm." Andrew said.

"It's on our land so we are pulled in." Ryder said pinching his nose.

"Xavier you are welcome to stay with us." I said.

"Thank you. I appreciate it, Ms.?" He asked.

"Just call me Brooklyn and this is Ryder." I smiled shaking his hand.

"Yes a pleasure to meet you both. I truly appreciate your generosity you have shown me." He said bowing respectfully. Snow elves were known for class, grace and flawlessness. They were strongly for traditional but that is all I really know about the race.

"It's not problem at all. I will have someone show you to your room." I said walking out and he followed after me.