Chapter 29

Chapter 29:

Brooklyn's POV:

"Are you sure he will be okay?" I asked as I stared at Jaxon in the incubator.

"I have a close eye on him. He is in good hands. I will notify if anything does come up but I'm sure it won't." He assured. I lightly touched the incubator and then turned towards the door. I walked out and towards Ryder's office.

I opened the door to see Andrew standing opposite of Ryder.

"Luna, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Andrew tha- Luna?" I asked surprised.

"Uh, yes you are mated to alpha Ryder and he is mated to you...correct?" He asked confused. I blinked and frowned at the ground.

"Uh...yea. Sure." I said forcing a smile. He nodded and turned back to Ryder.

"They aren't going to just let us walk into their territory, Ryder." Andrew was the only one Ryder allowed to use his first name. Well besides me.

"Walk in where?" I asked.

"The vampire territory. We found out where Ella is we just can't get to her without alerting the whole vampire kingdom. They would be on us before we can even find the place that she is in." Andrew explained. Ryder sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Call Blackwood company." I said. They both looked up at me. Blackwood Company was run by Ryder's sister and her husband...or boyfriend...or whatever.

"Think about it, Blackwood company is allowed anywhere. No one can say anything." Blackwood company is allowed anywhere due to the fact that they have every type of fantastic creature in their 'organization' they are an assassin group with the top creatures of all the realms. It is a symbol of honour to be invited amongst their ranks.

"She has a point Ryder. They can get into the vampire realm."

"Yea but they can't bring all of us." Ryder said.

"So only two of you go. They won't even know that you two are apart of them." Andrew said.

"You two? Brooklyn is not going. I t is me and you, Andy." Ryder said and I stared at him narrowing my eyes.

"Excuse me? It is my daughter too." I said folding my arms.

"And how long do you do kangaroo care with Jax?" He asked folding his arms just like me.

"Twice a day for an hour."

"And if we both go who will do it with him?" He asked again and I sighed heavily. I couldn't leave; due to Jaxon's size I had to do kangaroo care with him because it was improving his health a lot.

"Call Blackwood." I said turning and leaving. I walked back to the infirmary to see Jaxon who was still sleeping peacefully. I sat in the big chair and the doctor took him out and handed him to me and I opened my shirt so that he was right against my chest. All he had now was a breathing tube going into his little nose. He has gotten much bigger in the past few days.

As I hummed lightly Ryder stepped in and sat in the chair next to me, he lightly rubbed Jaxon's back.

"I know you want to go and get Ella but what if something happens to our little guy?" He asked. I smiled when he said our little guy and I kissed his head.

"I will stay and await for you to return with my little girl." I said lightly touching his cheek.

"It was that fast to call Blackwood?" I asked.

"Andrew is calling. They should be here soon. We will have to accommodate for them."

"Accommodate for what? Don't they just come here and then you leave?" I frowned.

"No, they have to come here, we have to go over the plan what we need to do and a bunch of other pointless stuff. This is the reason why I didn't want them involved."

"That is not the reason." I smiled shaking my head.

"What are you talking about?" He asked confused.

"You are ashamed of getting your little sister to help you. Admit it after what happened with your brother you and her have not been on good terms." He smirked and chuckled lightly.

"I texted her asking her for help and she responded saying she would do it for you and for another condition which I know you will not like."

"And what is that?" I asked.

"I will explain it all to you once we get Ella back." He promised. I rolled my eyes and ran my hand on Jaxon's back. He made a little sound and snuggled in deeper and I smiled as I went back to humming. Ryder put his arm around my shoulders and I leaned against his shoulder as he lightly rubbed the little bit of hair on Jaxon's head.

"He looks like you." I said.

"What? No he looks like you." He denied.

"Are you stupid?" I laughed.

"He has the same nose as you, the same lips and he will probably have the same cheekbones as you by the time he gets older."

"He is going to have trouble with the girls, huh?" He laughed and I nodded.

"The little heart breaker." I smiled.