Chapter Ten

Bassir

The front door opened letting me know Charm was here. I didn't move to get out of bed to greet them. I heard little feet come running towards my room, then Romero's body flopped on my back. I gave a small smile.

"Wake up daddy. I home." He said hugging me.

"Ro I missed you Bubbs." I caught him in my arms. "Daddy was so lonely by himself last night."

"I thought you Rell came over." He tilted his curly head.

"My Rell was busy." I said, my body felt heavy. I was tired from tossing and turning all night.

"Baby you look horrible." Charm said coming into my room. She picked up Ro and sat him on her lap. "I know you were sad about yesterday but you look like death." I gave a weak smile.

"I told Tyrell we needed some space." She gave me a shocked look.

"What happened sweetie?" She turned so she was facing me.

"I found out why he missed our dinner." She gave me a look that read trouble. "Not cheating. He was out playing with water guns and got hit." I said, glancing down at Romero who was too focused on his leap frog game.

"Ok but he's been hit before. You've patched him up." She used the same argument he had.

"Yeah but it's different now. Before I liked him but wasn't thinking about actually being together. Now I'm with him and I love him and I can't think of living without him. I don't want to even think about losing him to something like that."

"Yes and I understand but Bassir that's who he is. He's not going to change this far into his career. You knew he wasn't a saint when y'all got together."

"But Charm I don't want to be up waiting on his call and it never comes. I can't bear losing him." She gave me a sad look. I felt her hands rubbing my knee.

I just don't know what to do. I don't want to break up with him but I don't want to be with anyone that risks life or death everyday.

*~*~*
Tyrell

I walked into my office carrying a briefcase. I didn't waste any time, I pulled out the documents that needed to be reviewed. My eyes were heavy and dry.

It's been a week since Bassir said we needed a break and it's been hard. I haven't had much sleep because I'm used to his arms being around me. I find myself dreaming about him every time I do get some sleep. All I can think about is his scent and warm arms. I have so much free time so I've been at work but I think about him the whole time making it impossible to get anything done. I also miss my best friend and our arguments over superheroes.

I sighed and sat back in my chair. I closed my eyes trying to get some sleep. No one was in the office yet.

"Tyrell?" I heard Luck's voice say from my open door. I slowly opened my eyes to see him and Star standing at my door with messy clothes. Luck's dreads were out of its usual ponytail.

"Why are you two here so early?" I asked, watching them sit in front of my desk.

"We actually have been here for about two hours. I wanted to fuck in an office." Luck shrugged. I gave them both a glare.

"So you woke up at five the morning and the first thing on yo mind was fucking?" He nodded. "And you agreed to it?" Star gave a small shrug. "Y'all are sick." 

"You look sick. What's wrong?" Star asked.

"Bassir and I are still on a break." I said. 

"Oh. You haven't talked to him at all?" Luck asked. His face changed to worry instantly.