Chapter 17

Thank you for all the comments and votes. I really appreciate it. This chapter introduces a character I'm thinking of making a story about. I have an idea of what to do but I also have like four different stories I wanna write in my head.

Bassir

"Yes I know. Tomorrow we finish it." I heard Tyrell speak into his phone. I glanced over to him from my seat in his office. I decided to work with him today instead of my home office. I was organizing and filing case files. I also was getting ready for a new class.

"Your dad?" I mumbled once the call was over. He gave me a short nod. We've been avoiding the 'I'm going to murder my father who's trying to kill me' talk since he told me a month ago.

"Bassir please don't try to talk me outta it. I'm killing that bitch, simple." He glared.

"But how do you know it's you he's after and not just your gang?" I really was trying to be understanding but it's hard when he's so sure about killing people. I know Tyrell doesn't have a good track record, I know he's taken lives but I honestly never thought he'd do it while with me. That's naive though. I can't be mad that he's ended a few lives because they probably were trying to kill him but to actually seek out someone and kill them is different.

"Even if he's not trying to kill me, it's the principle. He knows my name and he knows what I run. As a leader I can't let nobody disrespect me. He killed some of my guys so I have to blow up his whole operation." He was serious. "Bassir I know it's hard for you and if,"

"Mr. Jackson, we have your three o'clock here." His assistant came in. I stood up with my boyfriend and watched as a man came in. He was tall and dark. He was handsome with low cut dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. He was tan and had a small beard.

"Mr. Nell, nice to meet you." Tyrell stuck out his hand. He's all business right now. He must be important. "This is my husband Bassir." He introduced me. I looked at him with a smile. I love when he calls me his husband.

"Husband? I didn't know you were married to a man." I noted the slight accent in his voice. He had an odd look on his face. Tyrell just gave a nod that I know meant he was about to blow up.

"I was just leaving." I turned to my boyfriend. "Behave." I whispered. I gave him a peck on the cheek before turning back around. "Nice to meet you." I shook the stranger's hand before walking out.

*~*~*

Tyrell

"Your husband, does he know of your dealings?" Leonardo asked, sitting down in the same seat Bassir was. I wasn't feeling how he was saying 'husband' or the look on his face when I announced I was with a man.

"Yes he does. If it's a problem with my being with a man we can end this meeting now. I don't like no homophobic shit." I tried to be as respectful as possible. Leonardo Nell is a new connection I'm trying to set up. He's the head of a mafia in New York. Leonardo has made a name for himself by squashing enemies with no remorse. He's supposed to be a very scary guy with a dark past or some fairytale shit. All I know is he's a prominent figure in the underworld and to the public. I've made a name for myself in the underworld now I need help coming to the public.

"There's no problem. I was just surprised. You don't seem like the type to be with men." He gave a polite smile.

"I'm not the type. He's special." He hummed with a nod. His eyes held a sadness to them. Something haunting was deep in his eyes.

*~*~*

"Nice doing business. I hope to see you again soon." I smiled and stood up. Leonardo was intense when we started talking business but he's cool. He told me he has a son and is single. We talked about family and other things.