A complete wreck

.

On the contrary... 'I'm not leaving you behind' were words that held a promise, one that he was planning to keep.

.

.

Four days after Christian brought Ana to the hospital, she was finally healthy enough to go home.

"Dad, help me with my bags, please?" she asked, while carefully getting out the hospital bed.

"Careful, honey" Ray said in a worried tone." Watch your step"

"Don't worry, it's not like I underwent a heart surgery, dad" Ana teased, making her dad roll his eyes at her.

"Just be careful, dear" he told Ana, and grabbed her bags and phone.

"Should I call the nurse to help you in a wheelchair?"

"No! I can walk, you know" she countered, and demonstrated to her dad by walking effortlessly to the door.

"OK, if you say so" he replied, and then they walked towards the elevator.

"Ana, who was the man who helped you with your injuries?" Ray asked, his brows furrowed." A stranger?"

She nodded in response." Yes"

"Well, can I meet him?" Ray asked, while pushing the elevator button.

"I don't know."

He scrunched his brows together." What do you mean, you don't know?"

It was then, when Ana explained to her father that Christian had brought her to the hospital four days ago, and she hasn't seen him since.

"Well, that's strange"

Ana chuckled at that." You think he's strange now and you haven't met him yet..."

"He didn't hurt you or do anything..." Ray began, but she cut him off.

"No, no no, dad... he was the perfect gentleman since day one" Ana said in a convincing manner." A little weird, but a gentleman indeed."

Ray was relieved to hear that, but was still concerned about Ana.

As they stepped into his car, he gave her a concerned look. "Sweetie, I feel so bad for not being here for you"

Ana shook her head." I'm OK, don't worry about me." she told him." I can take care of myself."

"What about that criminal who attacked you and left you for dead?" Ray said, while holding the steering wheel tightly.

He was pissed!

"We're going to the Police Station right away, Ana" Ray said, and stepped on the gas pedal." He thinks he can get away with assaulting you?! Clearly he doesn't know who your father is..."

Ana sighed deeply, and watched her dad." Calm down, please"

"Calm down?!" he exclaimed with his eyes fixed on the road." How do you expect me to calm down, Ana? He hurt you!"

It was heartbreaking to see her father this way, making Ana choke up.

"You're an adult, I know that." Ray said, his voice trembling from anger." But, you're still MY little girl"

Ana wiped away her tears, and placed a hand on his upper arm." I know... and I don't say this enough, dad." She confessed." But I love you"

"Love you too, kiddo" Ray said, while trying to swallow the lump in his throat.

.

.

As they walked into the Police Station, Ray whispered in Ana's ear." If you see the 'stranger' ever again, Ana. Will you thank him for me?"