You are that fuel

.

In response, he locked eyes with her." You almost drowned, Miss...What did you do? Did you do it on purpose?" he asked, his clear, gray eyes filled with anger and disbelief...

...

As it dawned on Ana what he was insinuating, she looked at him, hurt written in her pretty blue eyes. 'How dare he?' She thought.' I would never!'

After that, she glared at Christian.

"Get out!" she threatened, while getting on her feet.

"I asked y—"Christian began, but she mercilessly cut him off.

"Get the fuck out! Now!" she spat, the venom in her voice evident and clear.

He huffed in response, and decided to let it go.

For now...

Tears welled up in Ana's eyes, the anger consuming her whole being. How could he think so low of her? She would never be that selfish!

"We will continue this talk." He simply said, not waiting for her response and walked out the bathroom.

The moment he was gone, Ana wrapped the towel tightly around her body. She wanted to get dressed in here, but that big bully had broken down the freaking door! As a sigh escaped her lips, she inspected the door. Yup, it was damaged beyond repair...

Unbelievable!

"Savage." Was the word that left her lips, as she walked towards her bedroom and changed in there instead.

... ..

.

Christian was staring at the fireplace, a hundred and one thoughts swirling around his head. The crackling sound of the firewood was the only thing he heard; it was that quiet in Ana's apartment. As he took a swig from the bottled water, he contemplated what to do next. He wanted to call someone to help him with the young woman with the long chestnut-colored locks.

Should he call Ray? Or maybe Mia... or his mom?
No! He refused to get involved with his family...

What now? What was he supposed to do with a young woman who was so desperate that she wanted to kill herself? The situation he was in was escalating rapidly; he had no idea how to handle this.

Christian was just about to grab his phone, when he saw Ana walk down the stairs. She was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, and a pink woolen sweater. Her dark brown hair was up in a ponytail, her bangs falling in her face. He hadn't paid much attention to it before now, but the way the light of the fireplace illuminated the living room, made him really see her. Ana was absolutely stunning...

For just a couple of seconds he let his guard down around her, but shook that thought off immediately. When she stood near the dining table, he motioned her to take a seat.
"Let's eat. You must be famished." He said, and immediately dug in without waiting for a response from her.

Ana had the urge to ignore him, but he was right. She was really hungry. They ate in silence, both lost in their own thoughts.
"To answer your—"she began, but he also started talking." I wanted to—
"You go first." She said.

"No, you go." Christian insisted.
Playing with the last bit of food on her plate, Ana let out a deep breath, her eyes focused on her plate." I didn't do it on purpose." She stated, her voice low.

Christian observed the brunette, and wasn't sure if she was telling the truth or not. He didn't know her that well, because he'd just met her. And this was really not his area of expertise; talking to people about their feelings and stuff.