8) Also Harley's P.O.V (but it's also Peter's)

One thing not many people knew about Harley: he was secretly an amazing singer. So when it came to him and Tony planning their promposal, they only needed one idea....

~~~~~

Peter's P.O.V

It had just seemed like a normal lunchtime when Peter, MJ, Ned and, due to his recent exploits, Betty had walked into the cafeteria. Peter and MJ had shared a few disgusted glances at how intense the pair were, but secretly, he longed to share love like that with someone. 

"Ugh could you guys stop, this food is gross enough already without you two making me want to throw it back up again" interjected MJ, cutting bluntly to her opinion as usual. 

"No, MJ, when you grow up into a mature and consenting adult like us, you too will understand the profound nature of genuine human connection that should be expressed because life is fickle" responded Ned.

Suddenly, the argument between the two was interrupted by the sounds of the school band approaching the cafeteria, a collection of guitars starting to strum out the beginning of a melody. The approaching chorus did not immediately drown out the lunchtime chatter, but, when the band had spilled into the room and the singer emerged from the rear of the procession, the crowd fell silent. To the shock of everyone, the normally shy Harley stood up on the table in front of Peter and his friends, held up a microphone and began to sing Love Story by Taylor Swift. 

Peter, still unsure as to the purpose of this impromptu song, smiled uncertainly. He loved Taylor Swift, but didn't quite understand how Harley could know that or why he was singing straight to him, as though there was no one else in the room but them. 

As the band swelled and began to harmonise with the unlikely singer, the two boys' eyes locked again and Peter was overcome with a feeling he finally understood. It hadn't been an intellectual desire to be friends with him, or a brotherly feeling of protection. He liked Harley. He really liked him.   

"Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you, but you never come
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring
And said, "Marry me, Juliet
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes""

As Harley finished his show of affection, and belted out the final note and line of the song, the cafeteria fell silent in anticipation. Almost holding his breath with nerves, Peter uttered a single word, 

"Yes."