5) Harley's P.O.V

A few months had passed from the time Harley had moved to New York, and he felt like he was falling in love with Peter more every day. Each morning he would wake up, late as normal, stumble into the kitchen, and there he would stand, his soft brown curls perfectly framing his fresh face. Peter was a morning person, so by the time Harley had managed to drag himself out of bed, he had already washed, dressed, and had a nice big cup of coffee ready for him. Inspired by the jolt of caffeine, they would make their way to school for more of Mr Harrington's "enlightening statements", most of which involved different types of allergy and the symptoms, causes, and deaths. 

But one day, instead of another boring lecture, he made an announcement to the class, "Hey kids! I know you will be very disappointed by this news, but tomorrow we are going to Stark Industries to see how the man himself does it. Yes, that's right, Tony Stark and the avengers are giving us a tour of their house!"

Harley glanced over at Peter, his cheeks flushed pink by this news. This was going to be a wild ride.

~~~

The creaky yellow bus's wheels scraped along the smooth concrete car-park as they pulled up to the sky-high tower. The journey there had been the usual cocktail of spit wads, cringey music and screaming, including Flash boasting on about being best friends with Spiderman. Finally, after what seemed like an age, the kids piled out of the sweaty vehicle and lined up in front of the magnificent glass building. Apart from the couple of girls still making tik-toks at the back, everyone fell silent as the doors opened slowly to reveal Tony Stark, Pepper Potts and Natasha Romanoff. 

Tony's dark hair was fashionably quiffed, his iconic goatee as pristine as his crisp white shirt and gold and red tie. On his arm, his wife Pepper smiled graciously, her strawberry blonde hair pulled into an impeccable ponytail. Finally, bringing up the rear, Nat wore her usual all black colour scheme, discarding professional dress rules with a black t-shirt and jeans, which made her incredible hair glow like fire. 

"Hey, smart kids! Welcome to Stark Industries!"

Harley and Peter met each other's gaze for a moment too long as the stepped through their front door.