7) Harley's P.O.V

HOLY SHIIITTTTTTTTTTT, thought Harley as the bus trundled along the highway back to the school. He couldn't believe what Tony had said to him, Peter and Flash. Did Peter like him too??? His heart felt like it was going to burst as it beat in a frenzy against his chest, and he felt shivers driving their way down his body. He pressed his head to the cool glass and turned his music up to full volume, trying in vain to drown out his confused, stressed and worst of all hopeful feelings. He snuck a glance at the adorable boy who sat with his best friend Ned, pretending to listen to his rant about how he and Betty had started dating, and he couldn't help but feel a pang in his heart at how FRICKEN CUTE he was. His soft brown hair curled in tiny loops over his ears and his chocolate brown eyes glowed golden in the sunset. Harley swore this guy would be the death of him as he turned back to the sinking sun over the river.

~~

"TONY!!!" Harley screamed as he came careening into his temporary guardian's overcrowded workshop, "What the hell do you mean?!?!?!?! Explain please!!!" 

"Hey kid" Tony said nonchalantly, "What's up? Got a crush?" 

Harley gasped and spluttered at this accusation, 

"No......." Tony looked up from his project to give him a come on look, "well, maybe........ fine, yes

It's Peter, he's just the most incredibly beautiful guy I've ever seen, but he's so much more than that as well. He has a heart of gold, he trusts everyone and judges them equally, and he's SO intelligent. I have never met a person so incredible, and I think if I fall any deeper in love with him I might actually die. Say something please"

"Well kid," Tony replied, his nonchalant expression shifting into one of suprising care and consideration, "I'm a mechanic, and a scientist. I don't lie just to hurt people, and even though I'm not the best at interacting with real humans, I see further than your average joe, and from what I can tell from watching you two together, there's something more than friendship there. Now, Peter is a smart guy, but I don't think he fully understands his feelings for you, so I hoped that saying that would nudge him in the right direction." He paused for a second to sigh, before looking up from his tinkering to look Harley in the eye, "Here's what we are going to do: you know that homecoming dance coming up? You are going to ask him to go with you, we can plan a big 'promposal' or whatever it's called and then you can go to the dance together and finally realise that you both have feelings for each other. As Peter's honorary father, I give you my permission. Do we have a plan?"