𝟙𝟘

*one month later*

*one month later*

"You following me?" Jay walked over and leant in the window of ellas car when no one was around to see.

"Well, that's what happens when you keep lying to your partner" she raised her eyebrows.

"I lied to you?" He raised his eyebrows back.

"Mmhmm" she nodded.

"Last week you said she was an unwitting. So I did my due diligence" she sighed.

"Oh, you did?" He questioned.

"Mmhmm. I know who she is. The question is does she know who you are?" She tilted her head.

"No she doesn't, but it's okay" he sighed.

She shot him a disapproving look.

"I know what I'm doing" he retorted.

"Jay..." she began but he cut her off.

"El, I really don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm just helping out a family who got screwed" he huffed.

"If she finds out who you are, we're all screwed" Ella shook her head. 

"You've got to walk away from this one" she added.

Jay shot her a small smile.

"Okay..." he nodded.

"Hang on" Ella sighed and pulled her phone out.

"Voight, there's been a body in englewood. He wants us on scene" she looked up at him.

"Okay" he tapped her car door then ran over to his own truck.

-

"You and Ella hit the streets, find security video" hank nodded at Kim.

"Adam, find out who this Jose is" he pointed to Adam.

"Alright, let's try and figure out why someone would do this to a kid like that" he sighed.

"Alright, it's all yours" the officer nodded.

"El..." jay pulled ella aside.

She looked up and nodded in confusion.

"I've got to take off for a few minutes" jay sighed.